Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Gomez Fans here

Options
  • 09-01-2005 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

Major fan here any others

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭ZappaFrank

I like Gomez, like the Capt Beefheart thing they had going. They kinda lost it recently. But still a great live band. Abandoned shopping tolly hotline was their peak for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I liked the early stuff and saw them a few times but they always seemed good but just missing something. The Machismo EP is probably my favourite but yeah, hard to say, close but not close enough.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Saw them in the Ambassador a while back and thought they were excellent live. Agree with ZappaFrank that "Abandoned..." is probably their best album, which is a bit strange considering it's all b-sides, demos, etc. Last two albums haven't been great, but they had their moments, however Whippin' Piccadily is still the best thing they've produced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

I'm a big big big fan.

Would prefer "Bring It On" and "Liquid Skin" to most of the other stuff. In fact, I've all the singles (and consequently all the B-sides) and I made a CD of the B-sides. It's incredible. Songs like "Chicken Bones", "Flavours" and "Step Inside" are fantastic and a hell of a lot better than many other bands' album tracks.

Saw them when they last played and was a bit worried cos I didn't think an awful lot of the new album (they definitely need to get back to producing their own stuff), but they were still really good. Fantastic live band and the reason I started getting into music! :-)

Advertisement