Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leisure Facilities in Waterford

Options
  • 09-01-2005 2:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Heres a can of worms for ya..

I heard it said recently that Waterford is behind a lot of other Irish cities when it comes to something to do that dosnt involve pubs or fishing.

I can sympathise with that.. considering we have 1 cinema, and very little in the line of entertainment here.

I have my opinions, but just wondering what other people think. What should we have in Waterford that the other cities enjoy?

If I had my way, Munster would play all games in Thomond Two (A new stadium which would be built over my back wall), Some more sports clubs that are more willing to take on people that would like to take up new sports, 2 new cinemas, and maybe a cheap gym along the lines of Total Fitness in Dublin.

Your thoughts!!? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

I discussed this with people in work that other than Pubs & Clubs there's nothing to do in Waterford. It's a complete dive and that's why I'm moving out of the place. There's absolutely nothing to do if you don't drink and facilities are few and far between.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

were getting a second cinema apparantly.

well tbh i went to dublin about a week ago for the day with friends shopping and whatnot, must say got pretty bored pretty quickly, wasnt much to do other than shop in the day.
    i dont think waterford's that much farther behind besides the lack of big shops like hmv, virgin, m&s, bt's, debenhams etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭pixie_student

As far as im aware there is 2 more cinemas planned.. one for the new road by tesco. and another for railway square.

We also have leisurezone if you wanted to go bowling.. play pool or eh "ice skate".

What do other cities have that we don't? There's not much that i can think of.

Theres also plenty of sporting facilities and a selection of gyms.. plenty of countryside and seaside to explore too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

There's plenty of outdoor stuff I reckon, like surfing, orienteering, hill walking, etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 arip

I heard there's a KFC going out on the outer ring road. A drive through one too. That'll save me losing a calorie or two walking to and from the carpark! Someone is objecting to it I hear. Same thing is happening to the cinema out there too some dry arse is ruining it for everyone.

Cm:lp

• Advertisement
Advertisement