Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jerry Springer - The Opera

Options
  • 09-01-2005 1:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else catch a glimpse of this?

I honestly dont see what all the protests and fuss is all about. A fine performance it was and well put together. I was laughing for a lot of it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I thought it was fantastic. Well made, quality music, good singers, very funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

This post has been deleted.

Go away.

I shall be surprised to see the viewing figures of the show. Many people had little knowledge of it before the complaints and protests started so BBC ended up with a lot of free advertising.

As a show in the wet end it has been running for a number of years and has yet to recieve any protests until it ventured out to the television screens. Again, there seem to be a small group of people trying to censor what everyone else can see without even seeing it themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,154 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I just caught the last minute of it...something about 3 nipple cousin ****ers...:)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I think the bit where Mary is brought to confront Jesus in a special chat show set in Hell, and the chorus go "Raped by an angel! Raped by an angel! Raped by God!" might anger some people but it made me laugh :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

When was/is it on?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

For the last 4 years or something in the west end.

Or it was shown at 10pm on BBC2 last Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭jared almasy

i can kinda see where the trouble would come from if you're a total religous zealot, but other than that i didnt mind it. it was a bit disturbing in some parts with the big man jiggling about in a nappy and some other facets of the performance, i enjoyed it to a point but ended up taking off my glasses to spare myself...good it was

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

So it's alright for the "Christian" Groups to send death threats to the Channell Director?

I hope some one tries to gain access to the BBC or to the homes of the staff that have received threats. They'll be caught and locked up hopefully. ****ing nut bags. Luckily all the threatned people have been moved to safety or have extra security at their homes.

GET OVER IT, IT'S A TELEVISION SHOW FFS!

John

Advertisement