Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Lecturer - Best Subject

Options
  • 08-01-2005 2:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭

Hey there. Seeing as there is usually loads of complaining about the college here, I was just wondering if anyone is happy about anything. Who is the best lecturer you've had so far and what subject have they taught? For me, it'd have to be Kenneth McKenzie who gave us our Political Psychology lecture last term. Great subject, really interesting but the amount of help, emails, extra stuff that Ken gave us was amazing.
    Any other such tales?

Oh yeah, since we all like a good moan here, what was the worst lecturer/class you've had. Last year, when I was in 2nd year, it was social psychology. The curriculum for it was soooo fukking long and the lecturers delivery was soooooo dross it made it friggin' painful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Eoin O'Sullivan for Crime and Social Policy or Modern Welfare States - most intelligent lecturer I've ever had, he spends the lectures playing devils advocate, making you question everything you think you know. And realising that mature students are all crazy.

Worst... Dunno. Probably the second half of economic policy a couple of years ago. We'd had PJ 'Legend' Drudy for the first half so anyone else was always going to be a comedown.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

brian lynch, ISL

legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Dr Boyle (now retired) in JF for organic chemistry. He was great. Also from chemistry is Morton-Blake and I really enjoyed his quantum chemistry course. Mark Brown and Paula Murphy from zoology are very good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

Prof. W. Binchy - Law of Tort. Very intelligent and witty man.

Worst. - Wouldn't like to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

stargal wrote:
    Eoin O'Sullivan for Crime and Social Policy or Modern Welfare States - most intelligent lecturer I've ever had, he spends the lectures playing devils advocate, making you question everything you think you know. And realising that mature students are all crazy.

Having done the same course last year I'd agree.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

A Mc L from genetics, john2 may remember her. dont remember what she teaches but she's nice to look at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Evilution

A Mc L from genetics, john2 may remember her. dont remember what she teaches but she's nice to look at.

Let not good looks blind your sight, obi wan. I had a fantastic looking burd for Philosophy of Psychology in 1st year. She was terrible though, pretty much had to work on my own to get the exams.
    She was eye candy though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dermot_sheehan

Kappar wrote:
    Prof. W. Binchy - Law of Tort. Very intelligent and witty man.

Worst. - Wouldn't like to say.

Have you had Dr. Neville Cox yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I believe it was evolutionary genetics she lectured to us on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Created you sentance bad

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Evilution

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Created you sentance bad

He's a scientist Jim, not a writer :D

Advertisement