Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joanna Newsome

Options
  • 08-01-2005 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever listen to her stuff?

She was on Jules Holland the other week just her and a harp, great stuff, very different, I'd recommend a listen!

Fusion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

i think i saw that! i can't remember what it sounded like now but i remember being impressed:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

I have her album "The Milk-Eyed Mender" and I love it!

The tune she played on Jools Holland was "The Book Of Rite On" which is one of my favourite tunes on the LP. Don't know a hell of lot about her except that she's from San Francisco...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Fusion251

Yeah I love that tune, I can play it on my spanish guitar with a messed up tuning!

"I killed my dinner with karate"

I mean where can you get a better line then that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

:D

Is it in Eb or something? Actually, speaking of which Fusion, do you know if harps are tuned any particular way? Or are they just chromatic? I know that you can use the sort of machine-head/switches at the top to change the pitch of a string...

Would you mind posting your tuning for "Book Of Rite On"? Or maybe even a tab, to save me time? ;)

-S

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I like her music but I can't listen to it, I think her voice is incredibly irritating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Fusion251

I'll tab it up for ya tommorow deathfunk, hope ya got some heavy strings I think I detuned the E string down to C or something, anyway you'll see all tommorow!

Advertisement