Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to view Chinese characters

• 07-01-2005 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭

There has been a few people having trouble enabling the Big5 encoding necessary to view Chinese characters. So here's how:

If you're using Internet Explorer:
    View>Encoding>More>Chinese Traditional(Big5)

If you're using Firefox:
    View>Character Encoding>More>East Asian>Chinese Traditional(Big5)

Haven't used other browsers, so if anyone can activate Big5 in a different browser please tell us.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 huangyangChina

Demeant0r wrote:
    There has been a few people having trouble enabling the Big5 encoding necessary to view Chinese characters. So here's how:

If you're using Internet Explorer:
    View>Encoding>More>Chinese Traditional(Big5)

If you're using Firefox:
    View>Character Encoding>More>East Asian>Chinese Traditional(Big5)

Haven't used other browsers, so if anyone can activate Big5 in a different browser please tell us.
    Yikes... I know that most of the foreign guys' camputer can't display the chinese character,you may download th software for help.Here below are some chinese,can you display them?

你好,我是一个外国人,我十分希望学习中文,到08年奥运会的时候来北京看比赛。
    Translation:
    Hi,I am a foreigner,I am expected to learn the chinese language,I am planning to come to watch the Olympic games in 2008.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 demoore

You also need to have Chinese installed on your computer, this link explains you how to proceed:
    http://www.chinese-tools.com/resources/windows-xp.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sommes

Demonator!!!!!!!!!!
    Cool ya!
    Thanks.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 RafaelBasford

hi,

Demonator!!!!!!!!!!
    Cool ya!Yikes... I know that most of the foreign guys' camputer can't display the chinese character,you may download th software for help.Here below are some chinese,can you display them?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭leonardjos

For anyone with a Mac, the Snow Leopard operating system has great built Chinese character support. You can input by means of pinyin in a very quick, smooth and easy to use interface. It's very easy to switch between normal input and Chinese character input too.

Mentioned here, cant find any screenshot of it though.
    Pinyin Chinese input method.

The Pinyin Chinese input method has been redesigned, featuring an enhanced dictionary, a new data processing engine, and real-time string conversion, so it’s easier than ever to construct sentences in Chinese.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 141 ✭✭en.r4cart

The latest systems(windoes & linux) are supported Chinese characters.
    I think your system is too old. Upgrade it!

Advertisement