Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tsunami help

Options
  • 06-01-2005 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any information on who to contact to volunteer to go over to help the people of this Tsunami?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/announcement.php?f=383

You could try getting in touch with any of the charities listed here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Cool, thanks! I wanna do some fund raisning myself but I dunno what to do. I can't do anything big like a gig or a table quiz but I was thinking to do some busking or something. Do you have to have a liscence for that? I heard ya do! Does anyone know where to get one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

I'm not sure about busking but to collect money outside shopping centres and the like for sports clubs, charities etc.. you must get a permit from the Garda station. Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

unless you want to do an official organised charity event you're probably out of luck.

I've seen people with collection boxes in bars and stuff that are donating the the red cross etc. but a bank is most likely your best bet unless you can make it to the red cross office in dublin.

you really can't just go busking and tell people you're going to donate it to the tsunami, or you'll most likely get picked up by the cops.

this is probably your best starting point though if you really want to do something along those lines: http://www.imro.ie/music_makers/members_handbook4.shtml

Really? Wow! Thanks! I'm sure it's the same for busking. Which of those charities listed would be the best to donate to do you think? I heard some of them pay their 'volunteers' out of donations so I just want to be really sure the money raised is going to a good charity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

not trying to put you off, but you could get yourself in a lot of trouble, even for trying to genuinely do some good. you know those beurocrats and their paperwork. anything to keep a civil servant in a job. edited my previous post btw, to include a useful link (probably).

good luck with it anyway.

ux...I liked the idea of busking! lol But I spose you're right. How do they know I'm not a sick bastard who will make out that all the money is going to a charity? I'm not of course but you know! Ah, well...I'll think of something! Thanks anyway!

Advertisement