Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

singing

Options
  • 06-01-2005 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭

Hey, i play guitar, but would like to be able to sing a bit for busking, anyone have any tips, i'm not much good

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

try the Bands/Musicians Forume here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=171

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

Hey, i play guitar, but would like to be able to sing a bit for busking, anyone have any tips, i'm not much good

Man it's tough! I was (possibly still am lol!) in the same boat a couple of years back- just not born with it! Ordinarily I talk with a deep voice anyway so sweet muse choruses aren't exactly a walk in the park for me but what has got me to a position where I can, within my own range, sound semi-decent is simply singing and singing and singing and singing!

I love doin' it and the more you do it, especially at the start, the more you'll surprise yourself how you can sound a bit better than yesterday and alot better than last week! Obviously improvement slows down after a while but stick at it! Sing whatever songs you like to listen to. You gotta enjoy it! Don't bother when you're tired. it's a waste of time. I found writing my own stuff to suit my own voice a big help - gives you good confidence - "I'm not sh*t... -that's the way it's meant to sound!"

Probably the best advice I ever got was to never underestimate how important it is to believe you can sing and sing well and to have confidence. As an example, You know those types who sing well when they're locked but not great otherwise? I put it down to the fact that dutch courage means they don't doubt themselves- F*** it - I CAN DO THIS kinda attitude! You've no idea how much this can improve u!

anyway, go for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

I would love to be able to sing..:-(

Don't you need a liscence to busk now? That sucks!

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

I would love to be able to sing..:-(

Don't you need a liscence to busk now? That sucks!

Nah i've busked a good few times around Dublin and Galway and the worst that happens is the gardaí ask you to move on after the next song or a shop owner might ask you to move. Just keep sliding your money under a cover every now and again so nobody steals it or you get some prick of a gard.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

The license thing was a scam from our friends an Garda Siochana but they were a bit slow on the uptake. When people started applying for licenses they had to tell them such a thing didn't exist. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Stifler

good luck!

Advertisement