Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paragliding with an engine!

Options
  • 05-01-2005 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

I was paragliding in the Pyrenees recently and I saw one of the instructors strap this huge fan to his back and then take off from a really flat area with very little wind speed behind him, using a regular paragliding chute, and I have to say it blew me away :D

Unfortunately the guy had very little english and I had even less spanish so I couldn't drill him for any info. Does anybody have any idea how much a setup like this would cost and if this kind of thing requires a license in Ireland?

Also, one of the instructors told me that the paragliding wasn't especially good because it was winter and there are less warm currents, does this mean that paragliding would be pretty crap with Irish weather?

Advertisement