Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proto Cosmos

Options
  • 05-01-2005 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭

Now this is a fantastic tune...

proto.jpg

Anyone know it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Lactating Shark

Yeah, theres a live version on Holdsworths instructional video. Great playing but terrible haircuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Bert Fever

Great playing but terrible haircuts.

lol... Business at the front, party at the back...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Lactating Shark

Its the king of haircuts. Still, I dont think theres any way you can make Holdsworth look attractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Fusion251

Bert Fever wrote:

Anyone know it?

I shall know it soon, nice tune though..

And the www.lucaspickford.com is pretty cool too! Some nice transcriptions.
    Cheers

Its the king of haircuts. Still, I dont think theres any way you can make Holdsworth look attractive.

lol I hear ya...
    Fusion251 wrote:
    And the www.lucaspickford.com is pretty cool too! Some nice transcriptions.
    Cheers

Yeah, He has a nice selection of tunes there. It's one of the best on the net IMO.

The solo section is great on that tune...

So this is a Jazz/Blues forum, lets discuss how to solo over these changes :)

C#m9 to AMaj7#11 ????

• Advertisement

Bert Fever wrote:

C#m9 to AMaj7#11 ????

On the C#m9 I would use ethir dorian or harmonic minor. I think harmonic minor fits nice when going from C# harmonic minor to A lydian. Over the Amaj7#11 I'd use lydian, I think a pattern of A-B-D#-F sounds very well over the Amaj7#11 also. That type of tune is open to so much possibilities though with that kinda chord structure C#m9 x 4 and Amaj7#11 x 4 , it give ya alot of time to play outside the changes and have some real fun!

Any ideas yourself Bert?

Fusion251 wrote:
    On the C#m9 I would use ethir dorian or harmonic minor. I think harmonic minor fits nice when going from C# harmonic minor to A lydian. Over the Amaj7#11 I'd use lydian, I think a pattern of A-B-D#-F sounds very well over the Amaj7#11 also. That type of tune is open to so much possibilities though with that kinda chord structure C#m9 x 4 and Amaj7#11 x 4 , it give ya alot of time to play outside the changes and have some real fun!

Any ideas yourself Bert?

You've covered a lot of bases there, I tend to agree with your ideas. I like the sound of harmonic minor over static m9 or m7 chords.

One nice, very simple idea is to use the E major scale (scale patterns) over both chords!

Another idea don't know if I'm gonna explain this right, but, if you take the Amaj7#11 which is the IV chord in relation to E and think of it as it's relative minir F#m9 say then you can superimpose a II V(F#m9 - B7alt) over the Amaj7#11 section and you can use the altered scale plus half whole diminished.

Amaj7#11 Amaj7#11 F#m9 B7alt

If ya catch my drift....

Yeah cool, so you could do all your 2-5 licks over the Amaj7#11. Great, more ideas!!! :)

Yep that's the one !! ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement