Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of TV-DVDs planned for release in 2005..

Options
  • 05-01-2005 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭

Thought someone might find this interesting.

Below are the list of TV-shows planned for release this year - most of them will probably be just be released under Region 1.

The two i'm most looking forward to are.. 'Scrubs' (who isn't looking forward to it?!) and 'Undeclared' (very funny, underrated and unseen show from the creators of 'Freaks And Geeks').

There's probably something on this list for everyone!

Adam 12
    Adventures of Superman, The
    Alfred Hitchcock Presents
    America Undercover
    America's Next Top Model
    Atomic Betty
    Baa Baa Black Sheep
    Bewitched
    Bionic Woman, The
    Brady Bunch, The
    Brak Show, The
    C.S.I.: New York
    Captain and Tennille, The
    Category 6: Day of Destruction
    Charmed
    Coach
    Cosby Show, The
    Daily Show with Jon Stewart, The
    Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines
    Deadwood
    Degrassi Jr. High
    Dharma & Greg
    Dick Cavett Show, The
    Doogie Howser, M.D.
    Dragnet (newest version)
    Dragnet (original version)
    Ed, Edd N Eddy
    Emergency!
    Family Ties
    Flying Nun, The
    Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, The
    Full House
    Gidget
    God, the Devil and Bob
    Greatest American Hero, The
    Harvey Birdman, Attorney-At-Law
    Hogan's Heroes
    Huckleberry Hound Show, The
    Hunter
    I Dream of Jeannie
    Ironside
    It Takes A Thief
    Jamie Foxx Show, The
    Jim Henson Presents Mother Goose Stories
    Joan of Arcadia
    Josie and the Pussycats
    Kojak
    Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County
    Las Vegas
    Leave It To Beaver
    Lidsville
    Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman
    Lone Gunmen, The
    Lost
    MacGyver
    Mages
    Marcus Welby M.D.
    Maverick
    McCloud
    McHale's Navy
    Men Behaving Badly (UK)
    Miami Vice
    Mister Rogers' Neighborhood
    Moonlighting
    Mr. Magoo Show, The
    Murder One
    Murphy Brown
    Mysteries, Magic and Miracles
    NewsRadio
    Night Court
    One Day at a Time
    One Tree Hill
    Parkers, The
    Partridge Family, The
    Perils of Penelope Pitstop, The
    Pimp My Ride
    Power, Privilege & Justice
    Pretender, The
    Profit
    Puffy Ami Yumi
    Quincy, M.E.
    Reilly: The Ace of Spies
    Remington Steele
    Renegade
    Rockford Files, The
    Roseanne
    Saved By The Bell: The New Class
    Scrubs
    Shelly Duvall's Tall Tales and Legends
    Simon & Simon
    Sister, Sister
    Six Million Dollar Man, The
    Star Trek: Enterprise
    Star Trek: The Animated Series
    Star Wars: Clone Wars
    Stripperella
    Sweet Valley High
    Taxicab Confessions
    This Is Your Life
    'Til Death Do Us Part: Carmen and Dave
    Tomorrow Show, The
    Tony Orlando and Dawn
    Tracey Takes On...
    Transformers: Cybertron
    Undeclared
    Venture Bros., The
    Voltron: Defender of the Universe
    Wayans Bros., The
    Wonderfalls
    Woody Woodpecker Show, The
    Yogi Bear Show, The

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭weerez

Wow that's a lot of series'. I wouldn't really buy any of those apart from Saved By The Bell:The New Class. :D Wouldn't mind seing Lost though.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

weerez wrote:
    I wouldn't really buy any of those apart from Saved By The Bell:The New Class.
    Yeah, the comic-team of Mr. Belding and Screech has been unmatchable to this day! :D
    weerez wrote:
    Wouldn't mind seing Lost though.
    Yeah, 'Lost' looks like a good 'un. Will definantly be watching it when it reaches E4 this month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Might get Joan of Arcadia, enjoying that on RTE, but missing a lot of epsiodes. I seem to remember Murder One being rather enjoyable too... Not sure how its held up after nearly 10 years though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Cheers Season 4 and 5 should come out this year too along with Frasier series 4 and 5.

Expect Series 6 of Red Dwarf in February and series 7 in November, with the final series coming out Feb 2006.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Kêrmêttê

Cool! I've been waiting years to get my hands on Family Ties and The Rockford Files!!!! Ah the childhood memories... *sigh* :p

• Advertisement

Do you know what i saw the other night on Paramount?

'The Wonder Years'... now that's a show i wouldn't mind on DVD.

EDIT: Those 115 60-minute episodes would make for one big boxset!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭weerez

basquille wrote:
    Do you know what i saw the other night on Paramount?

'The Wonder Years'... now that's a show i wouldn't mind on DVD.

EDIT: Those 115 60-minute episodes would make for one big boxset!

Ya that was a good show.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

No way, Voltron finally on dvd. wootage.

Why would you buy Pimp my Ride on dvd when it's repeated all the time on MTV?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Agent Orange

basquille wrote:
    'Undeclared' (very funny, underrated and unseen show from the creators of 'Freaks And Geeks').

Absolutely. It's tragic both these shows were cancelled. And it's a shame so few people have seen either. F&G is a definite candidate for 'best show ever made'.

DVDsoon.com has the F&G DVD set for 30 euros. A total bargain for one of the best DVD releases ever.

Absolutely. It's tragic both these shows were cancelled. And it's a shame so few people have seen either. F&G is a definite candidate for 'best show ever made'.

DVDsoon.com has the F&G DVD set for 30 euros. A total bargain for one of the best DVD releases ever.
    Already got the 'Freaks & Geeks' DVD for €35 off CDWOW last May.... definantly one of the best DVD releases ever. A 6-disc set with all 18 episodes (including an extended pilot), 29 audio commentaries, over a 100 deleted scenes, behind-the-scenes, cast auditions, promos etc.

'Freaks & Geeks' is definantly a show more people should see! Althought, it's worth noting both 'Undeclared' and 'Freaks & Geeks' were both shown at a prime time slot on Network 2 during their time - 'Undeclared' was Thursday @ 7pm and 'Freaks & Geeks' was Friday @ 7pm. As far as i can remember anyways!

Both were repeated on Network 2 over the last couple of years in graveyard slots (between the 12am and 4am timeslot)

Judd Apatow is trying to get the 'Undeclared' DVD out by March in the US. Will be paying to get it shipped over straight away!

EDIT:By the way, some more info on the 'Undeclared' DVD. Judd Apatow posted this on the 'Undeclared' Message Board last year:
    The DVD is coming!!!!
    Posted By: Judd Apatow-creator
    Posted On: 09/18/2004
    it looks like the DVD is going to come out next year. They have cleared about half the music and have allowed us to start spending money editing the extras. We have tons of fun stuff because we saved even more stuff than we did during Freaks and Geeks. I hope people buy the show. I am not sure how large our audience is since we were never in reruns on cable, but hopefully word will spread and we will find our cult audience. I will keep you all updated. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    A fan on the Message Board also recently wrote Shout Factory (who produced both the F&G DVD, and are producing the 'Undeclared' DVD) to get an update on the status of the DVD. Shout Factory wrote back with:
    Update on Undeclared DVD
    Posted By: Steve
    Posted On: 12/27/2004
    Here's what info@shoutfactory has to say in response to my question about when, or if, the DVD is coming out:

Steve,

Shout! will definitely be releasing "Undeclared." We don't have an official release, yet, but we are tentatively scheduling it for early July.

Happy viewing!

Steve
    So roll on July!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

'Freaks & Geeks' is definantly a show more people should see!

Really the best teen Drama/Comedy from the US pity it Didn't make it after it's first series, Nice to see Linda Cardinalle(sp?) in ER :). Most of the actors have been on and off TV over the last number of years. The theme is great, Bad Reputation.
    Most Underrated show of the 1990's.

Have to get it on DVD.

Saw Murder One:Case Two in Golden Discs. Was it ever shown on Irish TV/British TV? I remember the first case but don't remember hearing about the second case. IMO the most over rated show of the 1990's surprised they went for another series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Elmo wrote:
    Saw Murder One:Case Two in Golden Discs. Was it ever shown on Irish TV/British TV? I remember the first case but don't remember hearing about the second case. IMO the most over rated show of the 1990's surprised they went for another series.

Gah! It wasn't over-rated. MO was a fine, fine series, though I accept the second case was weaker with its cast changes and rejigged format with multiple cases. Still good TV though.

It was on TV - on Sky One and Network 2. Can't remember if BBC2 showed it (though I have a sneaking suspicion they did.) It certainly didn't have the profile of the first, and since the ratings weren't as high as the hoped, I'd say the channels just buried the second one in the schedules without as much fuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

there is a good few things missing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

'Saved By The Bell: The New Class '

Really? Seriously? Goodness... they were clones of the old class!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

I'd be happy if they just released series 2 of Twin Peaks :( grr...

http://www.petitiononline.com/tpdvdnow/petition.html

Sign the petition for it. Do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I'm interested in Harvey Birdman the most... I've only seen a few episodes but it was amazing the stuff they would get away with....

Also I could never follow all those tiny episodes of the Clone Wars on TV... so I'd to get them all on DVD as they were excellent. I bet Lucas Arts haven't done as good a job on General Grievous as the animators did in that cartoon.

And also of course Lost... which is simply an outstanding series.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭cerebus

basquille wrote:
    Greatest American Hero, The

I've been waiting for this...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

And still no word on Space: Above And Beyond? For SHAME!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Moe79

Excellent @ Family Ties coming out on DVD at last! I've been waiting for that for ages!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

I'm happy about Profit -- had it on my list over @ TVshowsondvd.com to alert me when it was finally getting scheduled :D

I held off getting Murder One R2 when I saw the R1 copies were coming, just have to wait a bit longer, but I don't mind when they're likely to be cheaper, and nicer packaging -- like Millennium :)

Wouldn't be bothered with 'The Pretender' now cos it's being repeated in full on scifi @ the moment :D

'Charmed is repeated into the ground across TV3, C5 & Living too, so I'm borderline on that one!

• Advertisement

TCamen wrote:
    'Charmed is repeated into the ground across TV3, C5 & Living too, so I'm borderline on that one!

That lost its edge for me after the first series. Still can't quite fathom how it's the WB's most popular series...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

That lost its edge for me after the first series. Still can't quite fathom how it's the WB's most popular series..

It pushes all the right buttons with lots of eye candy (read: Phoebe) in skimpy costumes, comedy episodes with Phoebe in skimpy costumes, and the occasional story arc that usually involve Phoebe in skimpy costumes....
    'Charmed and Dangerous' in S4 is a fantastic episode, and the arc continues until the end of the season, even if it does lose its way towards the end.

S7 just started last night on Living, and it looks to have an arc in place for the season, which is good news, though of course we had Phoebe in skimpy costumes under a love spell snogging her new ghost writer, Nick Lachey :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Daily Show with Jon Stewart, The

and

Family Ties!

Wey-hey!

TCamen wrote:
    It pushes all the right buttons with lots of eye candy (read: Phoebe) in skimpy costumes, comedy episodes with Phoebe in skimpy costumes, and the occasional story arc that usually involve Phoebe in skimpy costumes....

Funny. As pleasing as that is, you can't help feeling the poor Charmed ones have been whored out by the WB! Still, based on her, ahem, past acting roles, the skimpy thing has never really been a problem for Alyssa Milano! (Not that I'm complaining!)
    TCamen wrote:
    S7 just started last night on Living, and it looks to have an arc in place for the season, which is good news, though of course we had Phoebe in skimpy costumes under a love spell snogging her new ghost writer, Nick Lachey :D

Yeah, it sounds like it's shaping up to be a good one(!)

Now maybe if they added Jessica to the cast, I'd start watching again. She's skimpy too, but more in the brain-not-covered-in-thoughts sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

I think The Outer Limits is being released on DVD also in 2005.

Advertisement