Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Request: Cheap car paint job

Options
  • 05-01-2005 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

Some scumbag(s) burnt the front of my father's car at the weekend. Its a red Mercedez E200 and a section of the bonnet and side of the car were burnt. He has been quoted €1,200 for such a small section of the 10 year old car. Does anyone know of anywhere cheaper that would do this?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭zapata

Would the insurance not cover the cost?
    There's a place in Lucan http://www.smithandbranigan.com
    A lot of lads seem to recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭arch20000

Hiya,

There's a place i heard was good a few years ago
    Glenalbyn Motors Limited. I can't recommend it though as I've never got work done. It's in Stillorgan, Southside, near the big swimming pool.

Might be worth a call and get a quote
    later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Cheers for the replies, I'll look into them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

eirebhoy wrote:
    .....such a small section

doesn't matter , more likely you have to spray entire panels, you will not get away with touch up.

if send me picture , i will ask someone

Gmodified wrote:
    doesn't matter , more likely you have to spray entire panels, you will not get away with touch up.

if send me picture , i will ask someone
    Thanks but I've no way to get a picture of it. Basically it needs the bonnet and side panel (above the right - front wheel) done. The paint is down one layer to the grey part.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

ok bonet and the wing then, will let you know later. doesn't matter much but what color is it?

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lunalight1988

hey sorry to change the topic at hand but i have bought a honda prelude 2.2 as i plan to make it a modified show car now what my question is how much would it be to change it to black its red atm not my kinda color please lem me know via email at willzodwyer@gmail.com ty sorry once again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

you could try des o neill in saggart. Ive used him over the years for fleet cars and my own car. He's reasonable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Really this thread is 7 years old.Must be April fools😜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,448 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

If you'd saved since this first post was started, you'd have been able to afford it by now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

fox007 wrote: »
    Really this thread is 7 years old.Must be April fools😜

doh :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement