Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any mountain boarders?

Options
  • 05-01-2005 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Wondering what the mtn board scene is like, esp around cork. thinking about taking it up if its worthwhile - would like to take a look if there are any meets or just a couple of people who head out at the weekend.
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭fragile

After snowboarding for a while one of mates suggested mountain boarding and it sounds like something that would work really well in Ireland, because they're is feck all snow to board on :(

I have no idea what is currently available but I would definitely be interested if anybody has any further info....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Surfdock in dublin have some usually in stock. If you're looking down in Cork edmondo, try Jeff Cochrane in Coolmaine - he's one of the surfdock windsurfing team, so would probably be able to get you one down there. check out his deets on www.surfdock.ie

haven't tried it yet, thought about it though. only worry I can see is the friction burns - snow is kinda slippy so you slow down gently. on grass/rubble you'll stop quickly. Oh that and walking uphill :(
    Kenmc

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭coreilly1

Yeah I go mountainboarding the odd time in the pheonix park,no one around to do it with though,cept my girlfriend,but girls are stupid so...would probably go out and do it more if there was more interest around dublin.couple of nice hills in the pheonix park

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 themadman88m

yo,
    I wanta start mountain boarding. ANy good websites where I could order a decent 1 to learn on?
    jeers

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭fragile

Hey themadman88m, the new board shop on Henry street in Limerick have a sale on with mountain boards at the moment if that's any help

BTW can anybody suggest any good hills in the Limerick city area (preferably the Dublin road side) for mountain boarding?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭flutes

if anyone is looking for a mountainboard my mate is selling one, i can post pictures and price if anyone is arsed

Advertisement