Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any ideas?

Options
  • 04-01-2005 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭

I got my cat about 5 weeks ago and for the last two weeks he’s been coming home and doing a vomit in the corner of my kitchen. The only time I see him is every morning when he leaves the house and heads over to the neighbours house. This leads me to suspect that the neighbour might be feeding him bad food (like chocolate or food scraps or stuff) but I don’t really want to confront my neighbour because we had a fall-out last year and haven’t talked since. I know this might sound silly…but I feel slightly used by my cat, as if he just wants me for my basic needs and nothing more. Any ideas what to do guys?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

slug pellets!! I used to give them to my neigbours mangy cats in a piece of meat. Climb in through my windows will ya!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭zapata

Some of the more unusual combatants in present wars are the dolphins being used by the US Navy in locating mines in the Persian Gulf. Of course it is not the first time creatures have been used in areas of battle, some more successfully than others.

Sometimes such innovations can badly backfire, as the Russians discovered at the start of World War Two. As the war approached someone thought up the brilliant idea of "dog bombs". They trained the dogs to associate food being found underneath tanks and the idea was to strap bombs on the dogs which would head straight for the advancing German tanks and blow them up - and it wouldn't have been too healthy for the dogs either.

Those concerned about the fate of the dogs need not worry though. In the first battle, the dogs totally ignored the approaching German Panzer tanks and instead sprinted straight for their own Russian tanks with which they associated the food, sending tank commanders scattering. It will come as no surprise that this experiment was hastily abandoned after a couple of days.

Some food for thought..... :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Try posting in Rec, Animals and pet issues, all your going to get in here is ways to stop the cat from ever getting back in to your house

Advertisement