Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sticklebricks

Options
  • 04-01-2005 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭

Seeing the new post about a Lego-like toy reminded me of Sticklebricks, large multicoloured building blocks. Does anyone else remember them?

I received a set of sticklebricks one christmas along with a tub of marla. (plasticine). Now that was disaster, as the sticklebricks had this tooth arrangment on all faces, so as you can imagine, they quickly got gummed up with marla

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,029 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I remember them we didnt have them thou cos we were a lego and Fisher-Price family- none of that posh Playskool stuff for us!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Have a look here

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Look at what amazon recommend you buy with it. they're dooming you to repeat the same mistakes that I did!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Jahl

Anyone remember polydrons? the multicoloured triangles and squares? Ah god the memories of trying to build an suit of armour for the dog from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

the barnardos shop in dun laoghaire had a box of sticklebricks in the window the other day aint to sure bout the marla but if u wanna relive your youth then there is your answer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,029 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Is marla just another name for Plastercine or is an actual brand?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

man sticklebricks were the ****, i wish i had some now....

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

márla was the irish for plastacine. I'm not sure if it was ever a brand name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭jared almasy

Jahl wrote:
    Anyone remember polydrons? the multicoloured triangles and squares? Ah god the memories of trying to build an suit of armour for the dog from them.

ha ha, i know EXACTLY what you mean, i tried the same thing for myself but only got as far as my elbow on both arms, nice though. and the márla does get stuck really easy, i spent hours and days trying to scoop it out with various utensils, i eventually just tried to melt it off...BIG mistake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭jack shictt

stickle bricksssssssssssssssssss there were bloody deadly, till i was aloud lego :-)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Me and my sister used to build giant towers of stickle bricks on saturday mornings...I'm convinced we built one taller than either of us. But maybe that was with lego.... :confused:

Advertisement