Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Archives of the Irish Daily Star

Options
  • 04-01-2005 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi all,

Does anyone know where I could find archives of the Irish Daily Star? Ideally if anyone knows of one in the Munster area...

Thanks in Advance!
    Thror

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

thror wrote:
    Hi all,

Does anyone know where I could find archives of the Irish Daily Star? Ideally if anyone knows of one in the Munster area...

Thanks in Advance!
    Thror

Have you contacted The Star itself? their number is 01-4901228, based in Terenure so I'd suspect their archives are there or nearby. Give them a bell if you haven't and I'm sure they could help you out more

flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭@rchives

The National Library has microfilm copies of most national newspapers. Try here http://www.nli.ie/co_newsp.htm for more info.

Alternately, there's a company called National Micromedia (micromedia@eircom.net) who hold copies of all the microfilmed newspapers and seem to have pretty much everything. They will od printouts for you if you know the issues you are looking for.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭blue4ever

they don’t keep a electronic searchable file.
    However they do keep a copy of every edition. So if you knew the date they may dig it out for you. The national Library also keeps a copy of every edition (of all papers, mags etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 lami16

Does anyone know the e-mail address of the irish daily star.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭IRE60

• Advertisement
Advertisement