Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accomodation near Analog Devices

Options
  • 04-01-2005 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭

My friends sister is going down to work in Analog Devices for 6 months and she asked me if I knew what the nice/safe housing estates were in the area.

I lived in Castletroy for 2 years but I was never in the Analog Devices area - its out near the hospital isnt it?

Anyway - could any of you Limerick ppl tell me what the area is like and give the names of the estates that you may know are alright please?

Thanks a mill!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Analog are in the Raheen Industrial Estate. The nearest estates are all in Dooradoyle or Raheen and all would be fine. Plenty of accomodation to be had. Just check out the Limerick Leader or Limerick Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

bucks73 wrote:
    The nearest estates are all in Dooradoyle or Raheen and all would be fine. Plenty of accomodation to be had. Just check out the Limerick Leader or Limerick Post.

I checked out the Post already - they have none under Dooradoyle and only 4 under Raheen. How long would it take to walk from say the cinema out to the industrial estate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

I'd say maybe around 20 minutes, half an hour at most, you could cycle it in less than 5.

bucks73 wrote:
    Plenty of accomodation to be had. Just check out the Limerick Leader or Limerick Post.

Do you know anywhere else that I could get a list of accomodation - UL just seem to cover the Castletroy area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Theres usually loads of accomodation in Raheen/Dooradoyle in the papers at the weekend. I wouldnt pay too much attention to limerickpost.ie

The weekend Leader and Post will have loads of classifieds with accomodation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I checked out the Post already - they have none under Dooradoyle and only 4 under Raheen. How long would it take to walk from say the cinema out to the industrial estate?

there is a bus every 20 minutes outside the crescent shopping centre (which is in front of the omniplex cinema) that will take you to the entrance of the raheen industrial estate.

don't analog have a bus to and from the factory?

you could also contact some of the estate agents to see if you can get rented accomodation too

call11850 and ask for:

chesser auctioneers
    hicky o doneghue http://www.hod.ie
    Rooneys auctioneers.

there is a bus every 20 minutes outside the crescent shopping centre (which is in front of the omniplex cinema) that will take you to the entrance of the raheen industrial estate.

don't analog have a bus to and from the factory?

you could also contact some of the estate agents to see if you can get rented accomodation too

call11850 and ask for:

chesser auctioneers
    hicky o doneghue http://www.hod.ie
    Rooneys auctioneers.

Ok great - cheers Billy!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Paulj

I'm working at analog at the moment on work experience. We got a house in ballycummin/raheen area. Rent is about 50/week. Shop/pub/chipper less than 5 mins away. Nice area-very residential. It's very near work (10-15 min walk) but it's kinda far from everything else. Bus stop is bout 20 min walk. Crescent is bout 25 min walk.

Im not so sure about analog running a bus. I know dell runs busses alright though.

Paulj wrote:
    I'm working at analog at the moment on work experience.

Did they put you up in a b&b for the first week. A guy I used to work with in Limerick did his co-op there as well and they put him up in a b&b until he found somewhere to stay. Are they still doing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Paulj

Are they still doing this?
    Ya, they were doin it when i started last summer anyway. A lot of people had it sorted already i think. There's no shortage of accom around here i'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Coney Island

Did you try to check on daft.ie ?

Did you try to check on daft.ie ?

Yeah - had a look there last week alright - had about 4 places - my friends sister isnt starting for about month so hopefully she'll be ok by then.

Cheers lads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

daveirl wrote:

That sounds good - cheers! Im sure she'll be re-assured now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

If she turns up in Limerick on the thursday a week or two before she starts, picks up the big weekend leader, the big fat one that comes out thursday, she should be able to find a place. most landlords will let you move in more or less straight away once you have a deposit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Haket

Well if she's interested there is a double room free in my house (Churchill Meadows)and I work in Analog too. Takes me 7mins walking door to door :-)

PM if you want more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

tell her to look at Fr. Russell Rd., Church road. Damn there is a full page of ads in this weeks post.

Rent is also cheap in raheen. €200 will get you a nice room in a new house.

Haket wrote:
    Well if she's interested there is a double room free in my house (Churchill Meadows)and I work in Analog too. Takes me 7mins walking door to door :-)

PM if you want more details.

Cheers Haket - I dont think she's starting until next month but I'll mention it to her anyway and sure she can check with you then if she's stuck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Haket

No worries, theres someone moving in at the weekend though. Ah well. Make sure she shops around ,knipex says there are a lot available.

• Advertisement
Advertisement