Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storage Heaters?

Options
  • 04-01-2005 1:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Does anyone know where to buy storage heaters in Dublin? I want to fit one in my hall, the rest of the house has gas heating but I don't want to start messing with the plumbing. Was in Woodies, B&Q, Atlantic and Homebase and none of them have them.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

ESB I'd say, I remember them pushing the idea at one stage. I do have one question do you really have to get one? Shocking expensive to run in my experience. Mightn't it be easier to change it to a normal one so you can take advantage of the much cheaper gas system.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

narkette wrote:
    Does anyone know where to buy storage heaters in Dublin? I want to fit one in my hall, the rest of the house has gas heating but I don't want to start messing with the plumbing. Was in Woodies, B&Q, Atlantic and Homebase and none of them have them.

Thanks

unless you have a night rate meter (ie a 2nd ESB meter) in your home a storage heater will be expensive to run. I'd figure adding to your existing gas pumbed system would be similar in scope to getting the extra meter, but your gas heating would be (overall) better in terms of price and adaptability.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

any electrical wholesaler will get you one,

Kellihers electirc, Dublin offices ballymount, crokepark etc 014566717 also know as CT electrical in Sligo
    Eastern Electrical 01 4050400
    National Electrical wholesalers
    Edmundson electrical 016775413

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭johnos

You'll find mine advertised in Buy and Sell (online at least) at the moment.
    Storage heaters are ok for smaller areas on night rate meter. It's madness to use them day rate.
    I'm getting rid 'cos I have a lot of space and the things were running constantly, hence massive bills. But I had them in a smaller house before and they were great. There are no moving parts in the basic storage heater, so second-hand is as good as new.
    I'll pm you my contact details if you want to follow up.

Advertisement