Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

24 season 4

Options
  • 03-01-2005 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭

I have read that it is starting on the 30th of January on skyone. Can't wait for it to start!! It starts in america this sunday coming. There was a prequel to season 4 on the dvd of season3 that came out in america. Has anyone seen this or seen the first 25 mins of the first episode of the new series that came on dvd with some magazine that came out in america?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Rcuomo

24 has lost it, it used to be good but the last season most of the episodes were so laboured and dragged out, sometimes i felt like gouging my eyes out!
    just a thought...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

I think they should have ended it after Season 2.

I'll still be downloading this though. The first four hours are being shown on Sunday and Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Agree with rcuomo, I have been with 24 since the start. For me it has slowly drifted to mediocrity. These are my ratings for it.

Season 1 9/10
    Season 2 7/10
    Season 3 4/10

IMHO season 4 will get one chance and one chance only.
    Two things I wish for in the series

- No Bloody Kim, yes she's cute but pointless and her father has obviously taught her nothing about bad people.

- no-one waking from the dead i.e. Nina or Sherie palmer .

I also hope that someone other than Sky will be showing it as well. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

- No Bloody Kim, yes she's cute but pointless and her father has obviously taught her nothing about bad people.

And she does have enough cop on herself to cop on. "Oh! I will go back into the house to collect my things, the mad crazy father won't try to kill me!!!!" Not one of her better moves. But I will miss her otherwise.
    - no-one waking from the dead i.e. Nina or Sherie palmer
    actually Jack wakes up from one morning (around 8am this season) to find it was all a dream that he is now married to Nina (who pops out of the shower) and that Sherrie was assinated by a psycho exCTU agent Tony Almeida on the day of the californian presdental primary.

Jack: Wow I slept for 3 days, Nina and I dream that Kim was kidnapped, was on the run from a mad murder, that I had a drug addiction, that Tony was my friend and was married to Michelle, Kim joined CTU, you shot my wife and the president devorced sherrie.
    Nina: I know Jack your a lasy ****ing bastard now get up and get dressed or this will the longest day of your life, you still haven't cut the grass.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Elmo wrote:
    And she does have enough cop on herself to cop on. "Oh! I will go back into the house to collect my things, the mad crazy father won't try to kill me!!!!" Not one of her better moves. But I will miss her otherwise.

actually Jack wakes up from one morning (around 8am this season) to find it was all a dream that he is now married to Nina (who pops out of the shower) and that Sherrie was assinated by a psycho exCTU agent Tony Almeida on the day of the californian presdental primary.

Jack: Wow I slept for 3 days, Nina and I dream that Kim was kidnapped, was on the run from a mad murder, that I had a drug addiction, that Tony was my friend and was married to Michelle, Kim joined CTU, you shot my wife and the president devorced sherrie.
    Nina: I know Jack your a lasy ****ing bastard now get up and get dressed or this will the longest day of your life, you still haven't cut the grass.

Sounds like Dallas :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭digiman

Well I seen the prequel and it just sets up the new day of 24. Its about 6 mins long. Also seen the first 25 mins of the first day and its all action straight from the start. It looks like its going to be a good opening. Cant wait till monday morning to download the rest of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Well I dunno. I have some mixed feelings.

When I began watching 24 I started when series 2 began on TV. I had missed series 1 completely and didn't see it till after series 2 so some of it was ruined for me...

But I still loved it.

I thought Series 3 was crap when I was watching it on tv but when I got it on dvd I thought it was soooo much better.

I've found the best way to watch it is to just ignore the tv show and wait till they release it on DVD so you can watch it at your own pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭digiman

The thing about watching it on the tv is you have to wait for another week!! I watched season 1 on dvd as i hadn't seen it when it was on the telly. It was brilliant being able to watch as many eps as you wanted right after each other. This season is going to be good at the start because they have the fisrt 4 hours right after each other. I will probably watch the first 4 hours right after each other but then you have to wait a week to see the next one. I just hope they dont have any breaks in it like other years because that would mean another couple of weeks wait, which kinda ruins it. Smallville hasn't been shown in america for the last month and still wont be on until 26th jan. Another great show but 24 is still the best thing on the tv. I thought that season 1 was the best followed close by season 3 and then lastly season 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

Bad newbie....slap on the wrist will ensue......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The 6 minute prequel was a special feature on the US version of the 24 season 3 box set (released in December).

The first 24 minutes were released on a freebie DVD on some US magazine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

john1962 wrote:
    try here *EDITED*

for shame :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

digiman wrote:
    The thing about watching it on the tv is you have to wait for another week!!

To be fair, from a TV-watching point of view, this is one of the elements that makes watching 24 so much fun (even if it puts you into full-on scream-at-your-set mode!) There may be a luxury in going from ep to ep to get over the tougher cliffhangers, but I still think a gap of a week makes a show like this more enjoyable.
    digiman wrote:
    Another great show but 24 is still the best thing on the tv. I thought that season 1 was the best followed close by season 3 and then lastly season 2.

I agree s1 was the best, but followed for me by 2 and then 3. I found the Kyle Singer/Salazar/drugs plot suddenly veering off into Jack/Tony/Gael "We planned this all along" jolt to be poor compared to the plot consistency of series 1 & 2.

Advertisement