Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork North Link Road

Options
  • 03-01-2005 5:24pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.corkcoco.ie/co/pdf/526897112.pdf

Looks like its definately on the cards but as per usual we will have to wait years before we can get the funds from dublin to start the project. This would really open the north side of the city as the south side is imo being over developed.

On a side note anybody been on the fully open ballincollig bypass?
    It rocks and there are plans to upgarde the N22 past Macroom to Ballinvorney(sp?)

All i can find is http://www.phmcc.com/n22_web/n22_intro.htm

but if there is a summary of the route then post it up

One thing you can say about our councillers is that at least they have a bit of vision to the future, pity they dont have the funds and yes we are still waiting for the start for the start of the Kinsale road flyover (3 years now I think, what a disgrace!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Steve Conway

Yes, I did the whole Ballincollig bypass within hours of it's opening on Fri 17th, very impressed.

It's not so much the time it knocks off the journey, it's the aggrevation of going through all those twisty narrow roads . . .

I was en route from Dublin to Kenmare, a journey I have done hundreds of times, but this time was great, as I experienced the effects of the Monastrevin, Cashel & Ballincollig bypasses all together.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Apparently the strech was offically opened today

Back to the north link road. How do ye feel that this road is proabably going to be tolled! Bit unfair as the south link wont have any toll on it and I wonder would it be polliticaly acceptable to toll it for 20/30 years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭flyz

jank wrote:
    Back to the north link road. How do ye feel that this road is proabably going to be tolled! Bit unfair as the south link wont have any toll on it and I wonder would it be polliticaly acceptable to toll it for 20/30 years

I think they think we got away lightly with not getting the Tunnel tolled.

I don't agree with having the North Link Road polled , however I bet they will poll something to earn back the money for the Tunnel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

daveirl wrote:

Oh I agree totally. I have no problem with tolls.

I just think that the tunnel is the only current road infrastructure in Cork that is worthy of tolling. And they can't toll that cos it would cause too much hassle and gridlock. Plus you can't introduce a toll on an existing road either.

I just don't think the North Link road will be worthy of tolling though, but I just think that if they do toll it, it will be partly to fund maintaining the tunnel maintenance. But that's just my own opinion ;)

I do think the Fermoy bypass is right to be tolled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,308 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Isn't it the North Ring Road? And pray tell, what does it do? (for anyone other than someone going to / from the Mallow Road).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

daveirl wrote:

i have a mad idea... lets introduce a "car tax"... we could tax every car that uses the roads and then use that money to pay for the roads.....

• Registered Users Posts: 78,308 ✭✭✭✭Victor

jhegarty wrote:
    i have a mad idea...
    We already have one, it pays for about 20% of the costs of building new roads.

Victor wrote:
    Isn't it the North Ring Road? And pray tell, what does it do? (for anyone other than someone going to / from the Mallow Road).

The current North Ring Road starts in Blackpool, goes through mayfield and comes out at SilverSprings.
    It's a bit of a bottleneck, but not much, in the evenings / mornings at Mayfield.

The new one will link up the West of the city with the East :) Ballincollig-ish to Glanmire-ish.

Just like the South Link Road except around the North and they propose to build it around the city, instead of through the suburbs.

Advertisement