Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

exams

• 03-01-2005 1:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭

hey guys the exams are drawing closer and im starting to see the workload pile up on me in terms of knowing stuff for the exams. i've listened to what the lecturers have said about the exams but anyone willing to give any other tips or anything i should look out for?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Stuff to look out for?

Lecturers who don't give solutions with their exam papers. In my experience (all year and a half and a failure) these are the worst exams you can get.

Best bet is if any of those lecturers are giving tutorials during the study period (this Tuesday up till the exams) go to them cos they'll more than likely be doing worked solutions.

If they're not and there's no solutions available try and contact someone in a year ahead of you. I know there was one or two exams last year I wouldn't have passed if it wasn't for people a year ahead of me giving me examples they did.

Other than that just the usual study...

If only I could practice what I preach... I'd be a genius

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Zem

ok cool thanks SteveD i'll give it a try

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I just wanna motivate myself! But I can't. No one can by the looks of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

I actually managed to get the motivation up to get to college today and I just found that there are so few lecturers who give solutions...

Also I found if the module is new or there's a new lecturer and only one year of exam papers you're screwed cos you can't bank on things coming up every year.

btw that's another little piece of advice. Don't bank on things coming up for definite unless the person setting the exam has said it will cos that's what screwed me over last year...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

yeah, I'm fecked.

• Advertisement
Advertisement