Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simpsons family guy or futurama!

Options
  • 02-01-2005 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭

ok, time to duke them all out! which sow is the best?

simpsons: series 1-10 hands down some classic stuff, after that it did go downhill.

futurama: 4 series only, not one bad eposide, subitle comedy, rather then in your face carzyness, though it had that too!

family guy: 3 series, a show i think more people could relate to due to the animation style, increadibly funny, very un pc

im going to have to go with family guy!

tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

The simpsons series 2-7 would do it for me.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

simpsons as a whole,no way(series 4 - 7 maybe)
    futurama is silly comedy and makes you laugh everytime you watch it whereas family guy you have to be in a mood for.
    id have to go for futurama

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gaui3d0pnbz86o

futurama, will make anyone laugh gaurenteed, and i agree to a certain extent that family guy you have to be in a bot of a mood for, but it is sheer class, and in my oponion funnier then futurama!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Family Guy, hands down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Futurama is my favourite simpsons a very close second, if they had of stopped making them the simpsons would definitly be number 1, but hey...so yeah futurama

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

It would have to be SouthPark tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

1st. Family guy. Classic stuff
    2nd. Futurama. Really good, not as funny as Family Guy most of the time though
    3rd. Simpsons. Trailing behind. In it's prime, nothing beats it, but it's had a gone-off smell about it for years now which is tainting the rest of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Boberto

Well they're all good shows but in terms of which show i'd watch over and over again... it would have to be family guy. Always makes me laugh. Stewie's lines are classic! :)

blast you vile women - stewie!!

family guy no matter how many times you see it, will ALWAYS make you laugh! i find more jokes as well the more i watch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Family guy..especially for all those flashbacks.

Bull in a china shop: Ok..I know what your thinking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

dont rate futurama much, never really got into it, id only watch it if there was nothing else on the box

Between the Simpsons and Family Guy, its a very tough call, the simpsons have been there all along and consisenty funny up until more recent episodes, family guy hasnt been around half as long but the 3 series we've seen have been sheer quality.

I think at the moment im gonna have to say Family Guy, this could change after watching a few classic simpsons episodes tho....damn i'm so indecisive

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

lol.. yeah, Family Guy.. Like it's better, there are far mmore under-lined, under toned jokes, which makes it far more watchable, cos like efverytime you watch it you might get a joke you didn't even notice before!

Family Guy for Me! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

Guard: Do you swear to tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth?

Peter: I do....you bastard

Family Guy all the way

Couldn't have made this a poll no? Family Guy I'd say - Simpsons seem to be getting more like family guy as the days go along imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

Hard to say really. Love them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Family Guy .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

South Park
    Family Guy
    King of the Hill (season3)
    Futurama
    Simpsons

in that order

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

in order

south park
    futurama
    simpsons (would of been number 1 if it wasn't for recent years)
    family guy (it's funny but not a patch on south park's funniest)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

ok, time to duke them all out! which sow is the best?

simpsons: series 1-10 hands down some classic stuff, after that it did go downhill.

futurama: 4 series only, not one bad eposide, subitle comedy, rather then in your face carzyness, though it had that too!

family guy: 3 series, a show i think more people could relate to due to the animation style, increadibly funny, very un pc

im going to have to go with family guy!

tom

ME TOO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Da_cOmRaDe_MiKe

family guy.
    nothing can beat it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭johntf008

The Simpsons, at its peak, was unbeatable - but the peaks were spread out over five years.

Family Guy - while it has some of the funniest jokes ever, I feel it is popular because it is more controversial - I don't think it'll have longevity and a lot of it is derivative (hilariously so, mind) and fanboyish.

Futurama, for me, is the most consistent, in terms of comedy, plotting and heart (the last two of which Family Guy is completely lacking)

So I'd say : Futurama!

true about family guy too, sure the first box set is branded un cut un pc and something else dont have it to hand, sure just for contraversity look at the eposide of wish upon a weinstein.

the entire epsoide revolves arount peter believing that those of jewish faith are better with money. while contraversiol it was done in a way that was funny and not too offensive to any faith

the jokes of cathlic faith are thick and fast too, remember when peter was looking for a book on toilet training. the quote goes

peter: well ya see were cathlic so.....
    sales guy: ah ok then you want 'thats pure consentrated evil coming from you and your a naughty boy'

i can see your point about it may just be popular due to its nature, but i believe if you look beyond it there is a subtile humour that cant be found in futurama or simpsons or south park or king of the hill or any other show which is why its number one for me, roll on sesion 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Gossip_girl

It's got to be family guy for me. Stewie is the best character by far and his equivalants (maggie and nibbler) just don't match up to his funny one linners. I can't wait for series four.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

The Simpsons Season 2-11

Nowt can, or ever will beat it.

Too many great characters, LOOK FFS

http://www.mts.net/~davehall/castlist.html

Look at most characters there, and they are classics.

When the helicopter news guy (arnie pie hi in the sky, going round, and round, and round... and watch out on 2nd and main, cos i just dropped my bagel!) is a absolute classic character, its gotta win!

Even though family guy and futurama are excellent, nowt beats it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

Family Guy gets me in knots laughing but because the humour is a lot more adult than the simpsons it can only be watched when my little sister is out of the room, because god damn her she's very observant and curious!!!!!!
    I don't like the songs in it either.

Futurama is my least favourite because of the over use of the word "Robot" (lame excuse for not liking something I know) I find some of the humour a little nerdish but I guess that comes from years of having star trek forced on me by my bro and sister!
    Also I think that the writers concentrate too hard on the characters instead of the plot and I could see Fry and Leela turning into a Ross/Rachel style couple!

The simpsons; used to be great but now they've exhausted all their plot lines. hey guess what's on tonight?? Another episode where Homer spends time with Lisa ITS BEEN DONE.

I would say on the laugh factor def Family Guy but I think if there had been no Simpsons there would be no Family Guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

The Simpsons is rank at this stage and thats really effected the older classic episodes for me by now and I dont really find it all that great.Whereas Family Guy consistently makes me laugh no matter how many times I see episodes.Futurama is also brilliant so in this order-
    1:The Best-Family Guy (Dear Diary-Jackpot!)
    2:Futurama.
    3:Simpsons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 glenjohnsonlfc

I would have to say family guy I love the simpsons aswell though but never watched futurama.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Butter Ears

Of the new episodes of these shows, I'd say Futurama is my favourite. I especially loved Bender's Game.

Advertisement