Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlestar Galactica, episode 10: "The Hand of God"

Options
  • 01-01-2005 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭

Well Galactica is finally back after its christmas break. A few people have seen The Hand of God already and have said its supposed to be a top class episode.

How was tonight's BSG? 36 votes

It was amazing!
    0%
    It was great!
    25%
    Starkc0y0tejimmehMisterAnarchyixoyTCamenDavid StewartFensterNukem 9 votes
    It was okay...
    44%
    TazzleVokesBabyEaterIvanNeoSlicerZThe_BullmanatgateThordonPeaceCinaHaruspexSooner or LaterendplatestakeyPrivate JokerJahl 16 votes
    It was crap!
    30%
    CoylerZombrexJustHalfRamboirishman_abroadHerrLippTivoliJohnny StormSteven999StimpyoneMiles 11 votes
    I'd rather watch Andromeda!
    0%

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

It was great!
    Doh, I lost track of what day it was (stupid new years) and posted this a day early. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

A likely story. You just wanted to pip coyote :D. On the positive side, it gives Stark a chance to post his opinion a day early although he's possibly seen it already with his filthy broadband connection.

It was great!
    Steven wrote:
    A likely story. You just wanted to pip coyote :D. On the positive side, it gives Stark a chance to post his opinion a day early although he's possibly seen it already with his filthy broadband connection.

Nah, I checked. Its not available.

It was great!
    Wow! OMG! Wow some more! :eek:

Completely edge of the seat episode.
    Was anyone else expecting Hotdog to get shot down?

Oh and whoever put in the line "I live outside the box" should be shot. Really.

More like this pls! :D

More coherent comments to come after I watch it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,954 ✭✭✭✭Stark

It was great!
    Think I need to change my vote to "It was okay". It was a bit anti-climatic for what was supposed to be the season's BIG episode. There was very little tension upon invading the base.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

It was crap!
    Very little tension, which was kind of odd. Prophecy stuff was overdone, and seemed kludgy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

It was great!
    I just spent 30 mins writing up a great good/bad/ugly review, with riveting comments and witty remarks :D ... only to have my browser crash on my before I could post the frigging thing.

So - I'm too busy to do it again, and need to get back to work, therefore I will simply say this.

Loved it. Gave it amazing. Had lots going for it, not perfect but I put it up there with "33" and "Six Degrees of Seperation" for me.

Agree with Fenster - Want MORE!!!!!!

c0y0te

• Registered Users Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

It was great!
    Brilliant episode.
    Edge of the seat stuff.Baltar was his usual looper.
    The Vipers were outnumbered 5 to 1 yet crushed the Cylons seems a tad ridiculous though.
    Still 9/10 for this episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

It was okay...
    i loved it, Baltar was as usual great, and 6 got a new dress (drools)

more BSG needed! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Haruspex

It was okay...
    Overall very good indeed but I have to agree that the tension wasn't sustained somewhat throughout the episode. Could have done without the Caprica running sequences as I call them!

Loved the way the concealed Vipers emerged from the freighter as part of their back door plan. We were as much in the dark about this as the President which was a subtle touch to keep us guessing when all seemed hopeless.

I feared a "Use the Force, Luke" moment as Apollo flew through the conveyor belt at the base but I guess that was my own imagination working overtime!

The religious themes were developed well enough throughout, especially concerning the President. Baltar was clearly revelling at the end in his new found role as "Instrument of God". Wonder if they'll take this further? There was a lot of foreshadowing going on too. It seems the writers really do know where they want to take us up to the season finale.

More of the same, please!

• Advertisement

It was okay...
    Baltar looks disturbingly like jesus too.....

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭stakey

It was okay...
    two thoughts came from this ep.

- boomer is possibly pregnant
    - baltar is a sort of jesus figure, not in the sense of a good jesus, but a saviour sent to save humanity all the same... perhaps jesus and judas roled into one?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

It was great!
    I really enjoyed this one. Thought they get a nice balance between all the characters, not neglecting anyone. I liked again Adama's support and belief in his son, which we saw earlier in the season with "We wouldn't have left".

The battle scenes were good (we didn't need a massive war fight since they were using guerilla tactics, if anything and it wouldn't make sense). And I liked the surprise tactic they used - the double bluff tactic pleased me.

I quite enjoyed the mythology/religious/prophecy angle too. It shows an idea of long-term planning, something Ronald D. Moore shows clearly in "Carnivale". The constant theme of 12 - 12 Cylons, 12 planets, 12 vipers - crops up again. Baltar I reckon is some sort of Saviour or Redeemer (his Christ pose, arms aspread, was clear). Who he has to save or redeem is unclear though and Six says that God doesn't take sides even if the Caprica crew seem to think they've inherited the earth. Is this new angle consistent with the religious idelology they've espoused so far?

It was okay...
    slightly OT: anyone where i can find the OP to BSG?

and also, yeah I do think Boomer's pregnant, wonder what'll happen if Caprica Boomer meets Galactica boomer and Caprica Boomer's pregnant. That'd be quite a scene I think, would also draw in the dispute over if they should kill her or not seeing as she's carrying a human's child...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

I wonder if Adama is
    starting to think that there is another spy on board, reasonably high up in the chain of command, I cant see any other real reason why they kept the ace up their sleeve secret to everyone in the briefing room till the last possible moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

It was crap!
    I didn't enjoy this ep as much as most other posters have. I think they ought to dial-up the inter personal conflicts a good bit. Every one was too palsy-walsy there last night.

Since I learnt on this board that there are only 13 eps this season, I think they need to get moving on plot developements more too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

It was okay...
    Great episode!

And i was impressed with the bagpipes(?) in the soundtrack, and on a sci-fi show too!!

R.I.P. Chuckles

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

hrm...

this was the first ep I didn't like all that much

I'll look again on friday and hopefully I'll be moved or something

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

It was okay...
    good episode upto the didely/trad music. Which came in just as the lucky charm was given. Made me groan anyways :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

It was okay...
    I agree, the music was really stupid. It was a good episode although at times it got really Cheezey, like the episode IV way that Captain Adoma got into the base. I cringed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

It was great!
    I thought the music was very good to be honest.
    I could watch Baltar and No 6 all day every day.
    Maybe he should get his own spin off show the looper :D:D

It was great!
    I can see it now, Six walks down the catwalk in an outfit, rather than wait for her to go back and change into a new outift, they simply shoot her and out walks another one :) Accessorising with chrome toasters is optional. I trust Sky One to make an entire series out of it "Catwalk disasters" or something to that effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

It was okay...
    A very good episode.

I agree that Caprica Boomer is surely preggers.

Baltar seems to be going completely hatstand and it's great to watch. Real Messianic complex.

Not so sure about those prophecies though.

Also baffled as to why bagpipe music was considered appropriate.

And we are beginning to run out of episodes. Only three left :eek:

It was okay...
    Stark wrote:
    I can see it now, Six walks down the catwalk in an outfit, rather than wait for her to go back and change into a new outift, they simply shoot her and out walks another one :) Accessorising with chrome toasters is optional. I trust Sky One to make an entire series out of it "Catwalk disasters" or something to that effect.
    6 is indeed... damn hot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

It was okay...
    So i was trying to get to sleep last night and something poped into my head... the prophecy (can't remember the name of it)....

Anyway.. we're led to believe that its the president that is refered to in the prophecy with the snakes and the wasting disease. but could it be someone else....

Could it be Gaius???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

It was okay...
    And we are beginning to run out of episodes. Only three left :eek:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and it only starts in America on the 14th so I expect it will be this time next year before it's back again. That's assuming the Americans watch it!

It was great!
    Well I was longer than usual watching it again due to the fact I was setting my desktop back up and Suprnova is gone.

Starbuck's "outside the box is where I live" is as contrived and annoying as before. However, the whiteboard behind her in that scene cracked me up:

"Defeating the Cylon missile:

1. See it

2. Put it on your 39 line

3. Countermeasures

4. Turn hard into it

5. Pray"

Okay, so it was a serious whiteboard, but it amused me.

I loved the scenes between Adama and Starbuck during the attack as he basically seems to be grooming her for command.

As far as the Cylons and all that go...
    Well we've basically been told they'll reach Earth and start a new civilization. Could be the Cylons are loking to guide this new civilization through Baltar

Battle effects were great, but once again their habit of reusing effects from the pilot is annoying.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

It was great!
    Thought it was a class Ep except for the didley i dums music :confused:
    Did anybody get a feel of a kinda "Star Wars" feel to the Ep. could be just me.

Caprica still boring - kill'em or get them off the planet its too stop start.

All in all a welcome return to the BSG in 05 :D

It was great!
    "Colonial day" next week. *Yawn*. Didn't care for Bastille Day at all.

• Advertisement

Also baffled as to why bagpipe music was considered appropriate.
    Yeah t'was a bit Titanic there for a while, I almost heard my heart will go on...
    Maybe they've been reading this board and edited it in for the Irish :rolleyes:
    Good episode which I eventually saw on sky one mix last night-will miss it when its gone :/

Advertisement