Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back boiler question

Options
  • 01-01-2005 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭

When using a back boiler on an open fire as part of a heating system, to what does the back boiler get connected?

Is it our Oil Burner, the hot water tank or both? Or something else for that matter.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Heat exchange with hot water tank and rads would be normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi sas,

Are you proposing to fit a back boiler now and link it to your existing oil heating system ?.

I have three heating systems in my house :) the original back boiler, updated with an LPG boiler by the previous owner and my update was a 140,000 BTU oil boiler.

All three link in to the main flow and return pipes, and each system has it's own circulating pump with non return valves fitted as needed.

The fun will really start when the pellet stove is fitted because the one I have choosen has a boiler integrated :).

The job like any other is simple if you get a qualified plumber to fit it, you can do a lot of the preparation and save yourself some money that way but I am a semi qualified plumber and I wouldn't connect my own system.

Advertisement