Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walking in the Comeragh Mountains

Options
  • 01-01-2005 4:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here walked to Coumshingaun Lake or Crottys Lake in the Comeragh Mountains (Co.Waterford area)?

Just wondering if theres established tracks that can be followed to either Lake?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I walked up to Coumshingaun Lake several years back and did'nt follow any particular path and far as I can remember. The lake location is easy to spot from the car park at the bottom on the Lemybrien - Carrick road. I just fixed the postion and made my way up. Mind you since then the bloody march of the confiers has taken hold so it might be more work...

Once you reach the lake with time you can walk round to Crottys Lake I belive. I did my trek in a late spring afternoon.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

If you can find it Crottys cave is well worth doing the entrance can be hard to find if the level of the lake is up. You'll need headtorch. Be warned the exit is very tight.

Advertisement