Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vote - Best Actor/Supporting Actor of 2004

• 31-12-2004 4:08pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Vote for the actor whose performance - lead or supporting - was the best of 2004. Options culeld from the nominations thread.

Vote - Best Actor/Supporting Actor of 2004 30 votes

Benicio Del Toro - As Jack Jordan in "21 Grams"
    0% 0 votes
    Jim Carrey - As Joel Barish in "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind"
    20% 6 votes
    Paddy Considine - As Richard in "Dead Man's Shoes"
    73% 22 votes
    Rodrigo De la Serna - As Alberto Granado in "Diarios de motocicleta"/"The Motorcycle Diaries"
    6% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,035 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Jim Carrey definantly!

But that reminds me... NO Kate Winslet in Best Supporting Actress / Best Actress category for Eternal Sunshine!

Ah c'mon - she was brillant in it!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

basquille wrote:
    But that reminds me... NO Kate Winslet in Best Supporting Actress / Best Actress category for Eternal Sunshine!
    She only got one nomination alas! Oh well choose from the others...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

We forgave Jim Carrey after "Ace Ventura: When nature calls". We will never forgive Kate Winslet after "Titanic"

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭Haruspex

Stark wrote:
    We forgave Jim Carrey after "Ace Ventura: When nature calls". We will never forgive Kate Winslet after "Titanic"

I'd forgive Kate anything to be honest! :D
    Carrey's my choice here.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Why so few nominees?
    Just finished watching La Mala Educación and was tempted to vote for Gael García Bernal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

Have only faint memories of 21 Grams, it was so long ago, but I remember the acting. Benecio for me.

I'm now kicking myself that I didn't nominate Naomi Watts as best actress :mad: as she was amazing in it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Why so few nominees?
    Because so few people nominiated anyone in the nominations thread. I was surprised at how few we got, actually. And from that, you get a handful of options. Remember, this doesn't reflect my opinion - only those of the boards. Otherwise things might be different... (Voted Paddy Considine for my part).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Nybras

Jim Carrey - As Joel Barish in "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind"
    Don't like him or his movies, but this film he was really good in.
    Kate is a babe :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement