Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City

Options
  • 10-04-2001 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Bear with me guys n gals.
    Besides being a bit crappy, how accurate is the program and what are the stereotypes that it perpetuates. Do all the junkies have dub-a-lin accents and are all the southsiders rich ass*****?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Most teenages where i live (south dublin 16) ae wannabe scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Highnoon

Do you think that the variety of accents on the show is to do with the talent pool in Ireland or is it that the biggest storyline they can come up with is the North V South.

I'm doing a project on accents on tv and was just wondering if there is any pattern.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

Anyone who enjoys that show just wants to hear the obvious stories. Stick anything too complicated in and it won't be quickly or immediately engaging. This is just the formula for soap operas; repeat your story-lines every so often; make people feel comfortable with your rubbish and increase viewership.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Magwitch

We do have serious amount of scumbags in south Dublin aswell, though the north side does take the biscuit. South Dublin has a more middle class feel, the whole rich aspect in fair city is as stereotypical as the crap characters.

As for junkies??? Well the split is about 50/50. Alot are dubs but just as many (and maybe more) are from outside dublin origionally. They end up in Dublin because small towns have no want of them plus there are not many rehab facilities outside dublin (remember that protest in Carlow against a rehab? send them to Dublin seems to be the solution).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement