Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooper-Flynn not going to go easily

Options
  • 11-04-2001 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭

Looks like she's going to make a run for public sympathy then stand as an Independent in the next election. No doubt she'll top the poll too rolleyes.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

I dunno.I don't think she has come out looking too good to the voters.Whereas Lowry got things done for his constituents and made a difference,I'm not sure if she has.I'm open to correction on how popular she was,or whether her name gave her most weight.We'll see...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Well, I'm actually a constituant of hers and I can say with some certainty, she'll get re-ellected if she stands as independant - her Dad (P of the Pin Stripes) was (and still is) very popular around Castlebar - we're still seeing the benefits he gave us as Environment minister through all the new roads we've had build and are *still* building (it's quite some time since he was minister, so think about that).

My Mum sang at her wedding (Mammy's a church musician by profession) and I used to work in a hotel that was the unoffical headquarters of FF in Castlebar so I know her (and indeed all the family) fairly well.

Last time, I didn't give her my number 1 (cause I know Enda Kenny and Michael ring better), but I did give her a vote - the more people I've got representing me, the better - we've not got many as it is!

However, after this, I'm not sure I'd vote for her - it'd all depend on what she'd do about getting me DSL biggrin.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Prepare yourself - The Beefy King stirs from his slumber...</font>

[honey i] violated [the kids]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

Its a sad state of affairs when anyone would even consider Voting for her .Both considering the Political condition of Ireland and this Horrendous Penchant the "more peripheral Areas of the Country" *not my words mind* Have for the seeming Underdog being Cruelly Tortured by the Evil Dublin lot . Its the sort of Firtive, small minded , spiteful and generally petty attitude that seems to come about is really Endemic in Ireland.Truly a blight on the nation that will stick for at least another decade or two.

Hear me out now . I dont mean to go all Irish Times on ye but whatever doubts that RTE/Charlie Bird Nabbed her in the first place have been assuaged by the court ruling . The option of Appeal shouldnt really be considered until *rather In the possible event of * which point a ruling in her favour comes in . At which point we should collectively apologise . Not hold off condemnation till every route of escape has been anally and thoroughly exhausted . If we did this as the woman herself would have it , Our outrage would dissapate into mere passive interest , as weve seen so many other times . Fianna fail ,working on thier old maxim of "Just dont get caught" have heroically exponged her from the party. This is a punishment? FF will no doubt still rely upon her vote in the government till the next Election . if anything this increases her Ability for re-election , casting her as the injured party in the whole affair and Allowing her to use her Independent status to Hammer out better resources for her Constituency , ensuring long term survival . Is this True Irish justice? .
    -Bel

Shrewgar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Magwitch

Those hoping to evade tax might vote for her!

But seriously, what a brass neck! Ahern (De oirish proime minister....ah....so tu spek) is going to axe the devious, underhanded, sly cow. And fair dues to him, about time. He has not stuffed any of the old "rise and follow Charlie" set in years.

Did anyone read the piece by Kevin Meyers in the Times about her sisters day in court? Bald face lying runs in th family. A "ruling" class and political mind set that it is about time Ireland washed its hands of.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement