Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pressur Vessel

Options
  • 30-12-2004 2:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

Having problems with my water supply, can anyone help.
    Supply is from a sub. pump in a well going to a pressure vessel.
    Pressure vessel is now continually switching on and off literally
    every one or two seconds when any water is been drawn ie a tap is switched on. Looking at the front of the pressure vessel where the connections are, it seems to be bulging out or expanding each time it activates.
    Hope the above description makes sense to somebody. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭pipers

Replace or recharge the expansion vessel.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

are you sure that the pump is now actually drawing water, although given the prevailing weather conditions i would doubt it. the pump could have sucked air in, meaning a greater air bubble but would also cause rapid on/off switching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭saphire

Thanks folks,
    Tried recharging pressure vessel, That didn't work
    so got new pressure vessel yesterday and replaced
    it last night.
    Problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭davidoco

If you have a pump of your own, at least once a year you will have to check the pressure of the bladder in the tank and add air accordingly - mine was set around 19 psi but you will have to check for the size of tank you have.

I once had the same problem as above and changed the tank. It seemed to have solved the problem only for it to come back. What was happening was that the spring on the apparatus (black box) that senses the pressure had over time become less sensitive and needed adjustment. A couple of turns with a screwdriver fixed the clicking on and off. You run a tap and watch for a point usually around 2 bar that you want the pump to stop and adjust accordingly.

Advertisement