Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going Skiing?

Options
  • 29-12-2004 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭

Hi I went skiing and snowboarding last Easter in New Hampshire USA.
    Had a great time and now I want to organise a trip for next Christmas.
    I am looking for ideas on ]
    1 Where to go?
    2 Who to book with?
    3 Is it cheaper to go Christmas Day or Stephens?

Any help very much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭goin'_to_the_PS

hey, did you go with the high school last easter. My brother went with them last easter and is going again tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭litirspam

No I didn't go with highschool.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

I've been to several places. andorra x2, livigno, davos, chamonix, les deux alpes, valberg, auron, isola 2000.
    All depends on what you want to get out of it and what your level is. If you want to go for the apres ski aspect then andorra is were it;'s at really. also livigno.
    if you're more advanced and wanna go for less beginner slopes and more inter/advanced then somewhere like chamonix or les deux alpes is your man. If you wanna go early/late in the season then go as high as you can.
    This year I'm goiing to Tignes, first week in Feb. Can't wait. 23 of us heading over together.
    Xmas is a high season time - make sure to book as early as you can, and go as high as you can cos it can be a bit scant on snow in some places...
    Board on....
    K

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭hefty_langer

We're off skiing in Poland this year - Zakopane in the south of Poland on the Tatras mountains... We're doing it all independantly and its only costing us €400 for flights and accommodation!!!
    I've not been before but the reviews are quite good, and it has to be the cheapest place in Europe for skiing that I've come accross...
    Has anyone else been here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 wayneg

yo!
    chamonix in france is pretty sick plus there is a small pub with a mini ramp in it called 9bar i think,
    tignes is also pretty sick 4 snowboardin .
    peace,
    have fun

• Advertisement
Advertisement