Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel alert for China?

Options
  • 03-04-2001 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Got it in work. They have China on travel alert now. All because some American tried to ram a chinese fighter with thier spy plane.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

LOL

Yeah, brave spy pilots to 'ram' that big bad jet. What was especially impressive is he managed to 'ram' it in a E3 aircraft with a maximum speed of 400mph versus the fighters maximum speed os 1200mph. The fact it weighs 10 times the fighter, and is much less maneuverable could only have added to the difficulty, so I salute the clever American pilot that accomplished this extra-ordinary feat, taking out a Chinese fighter plane simply by sacrificing his multimillion dollar super-high-tech spyplane.

It was a noble and daring sacrifice.
    (note extreme sacarsm)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Personally I think there is a lot of BS coming from both sides. My guess would be that Bush was spying and is now upset he got caught and had his plane rummaged through. Although I thought the pilots were supposed to trash the plane if something like that happend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Yup.
    Lots of BS. Its called politics.

A totally stupid incident.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement