Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quantum Leap Season 1 DVD

Options
  • 29-12-2004 6:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭

this came out last month - not that you would know it here in Ireland.

every shop I have gone into bar Tower records has refused point blank to stock it as a matter of course.
    You get the standard "we can order it in" response.

Tower got 2 copies in and sold both.

You would think that it would be reasonably popular and should sell well.

Will probably end up like Twin Peaks. No shop in the ROI stocked it when it originally came out in Nov 2002; they all waited approx 12 months to order it in.

I know I can order it online or get it in Belfast next time I am up but it bugs me that I can't just walk into a shop in Dublin and get it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

I noticed virgin in Blanchardstown have tv section now, give them a ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I got it on play.com - Its a fair bit cheaper online...maybe as well just order it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭donhughberto

M8

Got both seasons 1 & 2 from www.dvdsoon.com, cheap, free shipping, except they are region 1. If you don't have credit cards etc to shop online ask someone in here to order for you. Even if you offer them a few bob you will save on prices on high street.

i had both pre-ordered months in advance any news on season 3 i wonder, hopr they release the lot now, brill show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

It's always on the Sci Fi channel!! it's probably one of the best ever Sci Fi programmes!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

M8

Got both seasons 1 & 2 from www.dvdsoon.com, cheap, free shipping, except they are region 1. If you don't have credit cards etc to shop online ask someone in here to order for you. Even if you offer them a few bob you will save on prices on high street.

i had both pre-ordered months in advance any news on season 3 i wonder, hopr they release the lot now, brill show

thanks - looks like a good option.
    The high street shops can take a running jump. If they're not prepared to get DVDs as soon as they are released people should go elsewhere.

My Mastercard has taken a hammering of late but what the hell.
    Both my players are multi-region so no worries on that score

Bit of a furore about the music edits on Season 2
    see this thread
    http://www.zetaminor.com/roobarb/index.php?showtopic=3594

this is a good site for info on the series
    http://www.quantumleap-alsplace.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Got it for the sister for christmas as well
    its great I was going to buy it for myself anyway

Advertisement