Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards almost dead?

Options
  • 27-03-2001 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭

I think Boards.ie is almost finished frown.gif

I've seen it happen with other boards : once a certain number of users is reached (7500 - 10000) they just die. When's the last time there was a really interesting topic here? How often have we heard : "That's been posted before" or "We've had that discussion already".

Generally less and less new topics are posted and people come back less and less, and there tends to be more hostility towards 'newbies' from the 'oldies' for posting the same old ****e all over again.

Discuss tongue.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Are you talking about boards.ie? Or the quake board? tongue.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

This topic is so clichéd...

wink.gif

Give me back my towel. I'll sue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

The answer is simple:
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">

en·tro·py (ntr-p)
    n., pl. en·tro·pies.

Symbol S For a closed thermodynamic system, a quantitative measure of the amount of thermal energy not available to do work.
    A measure of the disorder or randomness in a closed system.
    A measure of the number of bits necessary to transmit a message as a function of the probability that the message will consist of a specific set of symbols.
    A hypothetical tendency for all matter and energy in the universe to evolve toward a state of inert uniformity.
    Inevitable and steady deterioration of a system or society.

[German Entropie: Greek en-, in; see en-2 + Greek trop, transformation; see trep- in Indo-European Roots.]

</font>

...which is basically whats happening to boards.ie, and everything else for that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Kulgan

Hmmmm

aye in a way your right blitz ,

Like take the recent arrival of the "Trolls" board.

Just shows you how many recent Users there have been to boards.ie who are more interested in crap like that then discussing anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by neuro-praxis:
    This topic is so clichéd...</font>

That's an unfair generalisation Neuro!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Does boards have a system whereby it deletes accounts which aint being used, that would put people off making multiple accounts, wudnt it????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Boards.ie = dying = ridiculous lie.
    i know I can't see the CS/HL boards dying,its the hub of the whole community. As for the creation of the trolls board, maybe you people who are interested in intelligent posts should go and do that(post intelligently) instead of bemoaning other people who won't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

Humanities has never been so busy.
    I think it is doing just fine. Only thing is the older Quake community is almost totally superceeded by the younger and more vibrant CS community.

My Adolescent website:
    http://www.iol.net/~mullent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Trojan, you are completely right, i utterly apologise. I am so sorry.

What i meant to say was that it is not clichéd at all, in any way, and neither is anything else, at all...nothing, at all, ever. No clichés even exist. None.

I hope that was more direct and less generalised. biggrin.gif heh heh

Give me back my towel. I'll sue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by neuro-praxis:
    No clichés even exist. None.</font>

Thats an unfair gross generalisation. tongue.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

And if I may say so myself, a typically reactionary opinion from your Type.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement