Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Build your own Nitro Truck - The Series

• 29-12-2004 1:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭

Anyone seen the ads for this yet? What brand/model of kit is it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭Ciaran_Dub

Havent seen the ads. What station is it on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Dan_B

€10 euro per edition and takes 75 editions to complete??
    You can buy a HPI Savage for €530 in Halfords or even cheaper if you import from the US.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭Ciaran_Dub

ahhh right i thought it was a tv program... Take a trip to kart city aswell heir prices can be pretty good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

These magazines are never worth it - they sell the first few very cheap and then gradually increase the price.....the models wont work until they're finished so they people buying the magazine will continue to do so no matter what price.

I almost fell into the trap with the Robot Wars magazine but I came to my senses just in time :)

If all was fair in the world the publishers would say how much the model will cost in total to build rather than "First issue only 99cent!".

Buying from a model shop or other supplier has always seemed the best way overall for me,
    Fobia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

I wasn't gonna get the mag (I have zero patience) I was just thinking of getting whatever kit they are using myself, as these kits generally fairly cheap. Reckon I 'll just get meself a TMaxx or something instead.
    Just a got a $40 refund from someone on ebay cos they couldn't deliver a charger, and it's burning a hole in my paypal account....

Halfords have Savages? Might be worth a trip up!

P.S. What do you think of my sig thingy? I noticed there didn't seem to be one for this forum?

• Advertisement

I have a HPI Savage FS if your interested?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭SLIM19198

Watch out for the issues of the nitro magazine, cheap parts may be had buy buying certain issues!!

Dan_B wrote:
    I have a HPI Savage FS if your interested?
    very, but I'm also skint! €300 is about as high as I could stretch to, I'm afraid..

I've bin thinking of buying parts in installments to spread the costs, and build my own rock crawler... I could probably make (read: bodge!) some of the parts meself, and I've a spare ESC/motor and stuff I could lash together. Just looking for a project, really...

€300 is way to low I'm afraid.
    Just owning one of these is too much of a project for me.
    Fitting reverse module, painting bodies, maintenance.....

Very good point Slim, Hadn't thought of that

2 espressi, I got a T-Maxx I may be willing to part with, It needs a new Servo for steering (Its not spotless but is good for bashing or starter)

If you are down near cork give us a shout and I can show you it. (I got me a brand new T-Maxx from states about 2 months ago myself, still didnt get a chance to break it in, so my old one is surplus requirements)

I also got a spare CEN road car......

• Advertisement

SLIM were you registered on an RC drift board not so long ago? I think we had a conversation about where to run RC in Cork, you run in the Dog track car park? My handle would have been VDubbin , probably...
    Which engine does it have? The older .15 or the 2.5 TRX? apart form the servo, how'sit running? have you still the manual/DVD tuning guide? any spares? glow plugs etc?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I think the regular price is around a tenner or so, and it says that there is 70 issues, as well as the fact that the R/C unit isn't included. Do the math

Yeah, I run near the dog track.

It has the older .15 engine, servo gave out about a month ago, was used by mo bro and was running smooth (full tank without stalling, even refills if fast enough)

I dont got the manual or dvd tuning guide, but the manual is downloadable from traxxas site and i can copy the 2.5 tuning DVD for you (all similar routines)
    Think there might be one or 2 spare shock mounts/suspension arms with it (not sure, would have to root through all my spares :( )

2 Espressi wrote:
    SLIM were you registered on an RC drift board not so long ago? I think we had a conversation about where to run RC in Cork, you run in the Dog track car park? My handle would have been VDubbin , probably...
    Which engine does it have? The older .15 or the 2.5 TRX? apart form the servo, how'sit running? have you still the manual/DVD tuning guide? any spares? glow plugs etc?

If it's any good to ya, my savage has all manuals, CD, spare plugs and fuel, and original box, has just been overhauled by the pros and at a push I'd let it go for €400

Advertisement