Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nazi stuff

Options
  • 20-03-2001 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭

what would u think of a Spanish person (for example) who was in a neo-Nazi organisation when he was a teenager.. say from 16 - 20... and now he's 24 and doesn't take part in that stuff anymore?

lets say he was never involved in physical action, would you think it could have been just a phase, peer pressure etc, which he has grown out of? or do u think that to be part of such an organisation for so long requires a certain character that cannot be changed simply by moving on and growing up?

i know the situation cannot be judged without more details on the person and his lifestyle, but in general what would you think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

In the majority of cases
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
    to be part of such an organisation for so long requires a certain character that cannot be changed simply by moving on and growing up?
    </font>

In the minority
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">it could have been just a phase</font>

But like you said, too little info.
    I dunno what spanish has to do with tho (altho spanish women are the sexiest smile.gif)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

in that age range i'd say just a phase, but for 4 yr's i dunno, the fact that u say "he was never involved in physical action" would suggest he wasn't really into it but could possibly went along with it cause a mate did!

but its hard to speculate unless ur given more info!

"just because ur not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after u!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

well,if he or she no longer subscribes to or espouses neo nazi ideals and beleifs i would say that they have grown up.

20 really isnt very old and people mature at different rates...give em the benifit of the doubt...many people experiment with ideological extremes at some point.

if there is a good story behind the question please share it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Given the circumstances you describe it does sound like a phase - if the person is no longer involved with this organisation they probably have realised what a mistake they made.

As a matter of interest I'm not very up on Spanish neo-Nazi organisations as opposed to other mainland European ones, if you can get the name of it I'd be most interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Castor Troy:
    Given the circumstances you describe it does sound like a phase - if the person is no longer involved with this organisation they probably have realised what a mistake they made.

As a matter of interest I'm not very up on Spanish neo-Nazi organisations as opposed to other mainland European ones, if you can get the name of it I'd be most interested.
    </font>

lookin to sign up!!! wink.gif

"just because ur not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after u!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

most of these neo-Nazi groups are just a bunch of punks that couldnt come up with a better excuse for getting drunk and smashing things up; and I suppose they think all the gear and attitude that goes along with it is pretty impressive...or somthing like that smile.gif

I dunno; so long as your friend isnt going around all day bemoaning the loss of der fuhrer and wearing swasika t-shirts out to the pub then its safe to say that it was just a phase smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

hehe, he's not my friend smile.gif
    castor - i knew this would interest you ;p
    I know very little about the situation.. but its something that isn't clear in my head still... like, if you were a girl going out with him, would u drop him when u heard that? (yes, i am male and NO he is not my boyfriend smile.gif)
    i would agree that must of these are a lot of punks who want to cause a bit of a stir and stuff, but suppose this guy is very friendly and a very religious, nice person... that kind of worries me smile.gif I think if i were female and he was my boyfriend i would want to dump him because of this no matter what excuse backs him up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Jesus, give a second chance.
    If he's out now,and doesn't espouse any racist/extremist views,then you could at least give the guy another shot.

I was a f*cking terrible kid, trouble with law and all, but I snapped out of it,and I won't be going back to that kind of malarkey.
    People can change....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Magwitch

As someone who has known and does know dedicated nazi's and ex-nazis I have come to a couple of conclusions.

1. Most come from disadvantaged backgrounds (we with regular internet access would not undestand this). Hence the issues of immigration affect them first and most seriously.

2. Nazi's I have met (germans) have descirbed themselves as "german national men" and denounced racism for the sake of racism. Their motives are patriotic. Please draw a line under that, it relates to east germans not english footbal fans. This has a bearing directly on the forst point.

3. The Nazi issue is blown well out of proportion. Marxists (in this country as well) advocate and support neo-facist regimes in eastern Europe and their methods. Its all about power.

4. Go far enough right or left, you come full circle. Both wings are reliant on the exploitation of the vunerable by warping (or pointing out unaddressed) facts.

You friemd is a spaniard. Spain has a very recent facist past and the issue of facism is hard to address in Spain as it has quite wide spread support due to its recent prominance in the countries history. It would however be a mistake to compare spanish Facism with german Nasism. Though the premiss is the same the politics that propelled them are entirelly diferent. Given the choice between Stalin as you ruler or a facist, who would you choose. A tricky question, but one that could only be answered with either hind sight or a completly objective opinion.

In this country we view things as black and white. It is never that easy. I do no nor never will advocate facism (or communism) but would examine the individual or his ethnic experience before formulating a difinitive opinion (if I did not that would be facism!).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement