Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flooring in kitchens

Options
  • 28-12-2004 4:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

are wooden floors a good idea in Kitchens? I keep getting mixed advice from people. I'd like the same flooring in the living room as the kitchen as it's a very small house

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

well just dont drop pots full of water on them and there wont be a problem, the od little spill cleaned up quickly wont ruin them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Mairin wrote:
    are wooden floors a good idea in Kitchens? I keep getting mixed advice from people. I'd like the same flooring in the living room as the kitchen as it's a very small house
    Ceramic tiles are in my opinion the only suitable flooring for kitchens.
    If the living room is separate from the kitchen, then different floors shouldn't really make a difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

actually if its lamanate I think some makes can be used in kitchens or batrooms have a look at the instructions i sorta remember some of the flooring i put down saying suitable for kitchens and others say not suitable. Ceramic is always a better option but sometimes you gotta go for what looks the best in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Kristok wrote:
    actually if its lamanate I think some makes can be used in kitchens or batrooms have a look at the instructions i sorta remember some of the flooring i put down saying suitable for kitchens and others say not suitable. Ceramic is always a better option but sometimes you gotta go for what looks the best in the house.
    I've seen those waterproof laminates, but there is such a massive selection of tiles out there, you are spoilt for choice. Only problem with tiles is that they are 99% permanent with a lot of work to remove them if tou don't like them, so choose carefully.

Advertisement