Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer Desk

Options
  • 28-12-2004 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where to get a "good" computer/home office desk? I've been to Harvey Normans, Atlantic etc. But their selection is poor. Is there any website which you can provide dimensions, and your desk arrives flat packed etc.?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Does anyone know where to get a "good" computer/home office desk? I've been to Harvey Normans, Atlantic etc. But their selection is poor. Is there any website which you can provide dimensions, and your desk arrives flat packed etc.?
    Try Argos

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

I was in the same boat as you and could not find a "good" sturdy desk.

So - I built my own. I was putting my pc into a corner and that made it easier.
    I put two batons (2"*1") along either wall and put a triangular piece of mdf to rest on both. The mdf has a veneer of pine and looks good. I am going to change this soon and put a curved section into the front of it. The mdf is screwed onto the batons and this gives it plenty of support.

This type of mdf is available in Noyeks or the Panelling Centre and they will have the same iron-on strips fro the front of the mdf also.

I just prefered this instead of a rocky old cheapo chip-borad plat-pack.

karl.

Advertisement