Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Joey" starts next Monday

Options
  • 27-12-2004 7:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭

Just saw it advertised a while ago and it it satrting next Monday, the 3rd.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

I saw the pilot for it a while ago and just thought it was awful.

But I saw another episode of it recently from about half way through the series and it seems to get better as it goes along...

It's no Frasier after Cheers though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Saw the pilot over the summer, didn't seem that bad, missed all the rest of them though, lack of a tele :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

saw the add.. doesn't look too shabby tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

i hate joey!!!!!
    gonna be a flop,i know it already!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Wont watch it, I always hated Joey. Should've made a show about Chandler.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

Chandler is a legend, so is Joey. Actually they're legends together...wont be the same without em playing off each other!

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Ruffty^

joey`s character got so feckin stupid as friends came to a well overtimed end; i hope he doesn`t pick up where he left off

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

it starts pretty weak but after about 10 episodes there are signs of improvement....

worst thing is they got rid of the neighbour actress from the pilot (who was hot and didn't wear a bra :p ) and replaced here with a neurotic bird who is too reserved.......

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

I missed the original pilot, as I've only seen the neurotic bird (no other way to describe her tbh), but although the rest of the series started off on a very average note, it's picked up quite nicely, and now that I've seen them all through (well to the 12th episode anyway which is where they're at in the US) I'm quite enjoying it, and the g/f is totally hooked.

She's been going back over the episodes now and even the first ones which I wasn'yt over keen on to begin with seem better. I think the thing with the whole friends thing was the familiarity, and now Joey is in a whole new environment with new people and that takes a bit of getting used to. I'd say that goes for Matt LeBlanc too. he never was the most talented actor going, and he had a good thing going with the other friends actors. it's just taken him some time to pick it up where he left off in friends.

I'd say it'll get panned for the first couple of episodes, but when people get back into the swing of things it'll pick up nicely.

edit: anyone know what channel it's starting on? is it RTE2 or one of the UK stations?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

vibe666 wrote:
    anyone know what channel it's starting on? is it RTE2 or one of the UK stations?

SITCOM: Joey
    Channel: RTÉ 2 102
    Date: Monday 3rd January 2005
    Time: 21:00 to 21:35 (starting in 6 days)
    Duration: 35 minutes.
    Friends spin-off series featuring the further adventures of Joey Tribbiani as he attempts to make it as an actor in Los Angeles. Joey makes a huge mistake when he turns down a part in a hit show about male nurses.
    Starring: Matt LeBlanc, Jennifer Coolidge, Drea De Matteo, Paulo Costanzo
    (New Series)

Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.digiguide.com. Copyright ©1999-2004 GipsyMedia Ltd. Information copied from DigiGuide cannot be re-distributed, sold or used without prior written consent from GipsyMedia Ltd. All rights reserved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

and there i am with digiguide sitting on my pc. :rolleyes:

d'oh!

should have thought to look really.

thanks anyway.

any sign of it on e4?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

saw the pilot, wasnt that impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Saw the first few episodes - it definitely does pick up as it goes along. Stick with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭ando

I seen Episode 10 a few days ago, its ok IMO. Before I saw it, I taught it was going to be utter crap without the other friends cast but its refreshing to see new faces

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Anyone know when this is on in Uk. I missed it tonight!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

JBoyle4eva wrote:
    Anyone know when this is on in Uk. I missed it tonight!
    I think January but it's on Channel 5, which very few Irish households get...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

Actually, i'm surprised RTE2 rushed ta get it seen as only Channel5 r showin it

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Skyuser wrote:
    Actually, i'm surprised RTE2 rushed ta get it seen as only Channel5 r showin it
    But when they were purchasing it, Channel 4 and Channel 5 were locked in a bidding war that could have gone either way. So they didn't know where it'd end up.

Anyway, they probably figured that 'Friends' did so well for them that this was a must have. We'll see if their faith pays off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

What did ppl think of it last night?

I thought it was just alright - nothing special really. Will give it another few episodes though before I fully make up my mind on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

What did ppl think of it last night?

I thought it was just alright - nothing special really. Will give it another few episodes though before I fully make up my mind on it.

the only part i laughed at was joeys audition for the presenters job...other than that, a chuckle here and there.

very poor.

scrubs was on directly after it and the difference in quality (and funny bits) was massive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Roar wrote:
    scrubs was on directly after it and the difference in quality (and funny bits) was massive

yeah - delighted to see scrubs back - excellent show!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭quazzy

Yeah Scrubs is by FAAAR a better show

And now it's got the delightful Heather Graham.

YOINK!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭bopper

joey was my least fav character in "friends" so although i didnt particularly love "joey" it wasnt as bad as i thought. It's worth watching for joey's gorgeous nephew :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

well I watched the first season of the show and it was better than I thought, I was sure it would be a flop.
    It actually has some makeuwantotwatch appeal to it.

overall I'd say its a take it or leave kinda show, I was just hanging on cuz I missed friends, but I could leave it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

i have a lot of hope for this... i thought it was quite pleasent.. i think people have just got their hopes up..

but it started off great!!:D

''actually i did have a lay over in Texas'':D

class!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I used to get eps of this from the states, maybe 3-4 of them were watched after that I gave up getting them
    Everybody that watched it thought it was utter ****e!

Its a joke that once again RTE are spending tv license money on this crap
    :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I thought the first episode of Joey was ok but I can't recall him using his famous catchphrase ''how are you doin?'' at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

"How are you doin?" don't you mean, How you doin?

John

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Didnt see it as Joey clashes with the shield on TV3, no contest at all.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Ah the Shield is total Quality... I'm glad people have opened their eyes to greatness. To think it started life on Channel 5.... Life in the Uk/Ireland I mean.

John

Advertisement