Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perspective is very important

Options
  • 08-03-2001 6:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭

Anyone recall that 'scandal' in Galway a few months ago where a priest posed for a nude calendar with merely a Bible covering his bits?

Was taking to a mate today and it seems he was made read an apology from the pulpit after the picture had been withdrawn and the calendars printed.

It was pointed out that it's interesting this chap should be forced to apologise for that whilst no priest who has sexually, physically or emotionally abused anyone has been made read out an apology thus far.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Wow, that is really interesting. I remember reading about the guy and thinking he was fantastic.

Perhaps the apology was forced upon him because he claimed that the idea had been approved by the bishop, when in fact, it hadn't.

Or perhaps he apologised because he is a really great person who regretted rocking the boat (although personally I thought what he was doing was courageous and cool). Or perhaps he changed his own mind on the issue. Who knows what actually goes on behind those cloister doors?

Give me back my towel. I'll sue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

perspective IS very important. without it, we wouldn't have the illusion of depth in paintings smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Its an easy question in Leaving Cert Technical Drawing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Technically not totally true. The christian brothers publically apologised for all the torture and abuse that orphaned kids sent to Austrailia had to endure. Although I guess the priests who did it were already dead, so it I guess your right.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement