Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covert Ops in NI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Too many words, not enuf pixtures ?
    Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

or you could read Nemisis, Company-14 and some other special forces book that details operations in northern ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

I've read a few SAS books, and some of their operations have been quite audacious to say the least, seriously bad stuff done by a 'government' force.

That said though, they have gotten a good roasting from time to time.
    I remember reading that an unmarked car with 4 SAS men inside 'accidentily' crossed the border of South Armagh I think, into the Republic, a single Gardaí pulled them over, held them for a while, on the road, then another car came along with 4 more SAS lads in it, sent out to look for the other car smile.gif
    The Gardaí stopped them alongside the other car.

So at the end of the ordeal, this single Gardaí had 8 SAS operatives, 2 cars, 6 sub-machine guns, 2 shotguns and some handguns.

The presiding judge let them go, allowing for the possibility that they actually did cross the border accidentily.

Thing is though, IRA men have been abducted from the Republic by the SAS on a number of occasions. Plus British Army patrols cross the border sometimes, then get extracted by helicopter before the Gardaí can arrive on the scene.

Nil Desperandum

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement