Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liam Laylor.

Options
  • 01-02-2001 6:07pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I just remembered its not slander (or libel) if you are just call someone a "vulgar obscenity".

Liam Lawlor eh? What a Cúnt!

DeV.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Persmission to edit pictures and post on boards.ie ? smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

For us yanks who is Liam Lawlor? or what did he do?

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

For you hobbes im tempted to post a million other links so you can fry you computer trying to reach the required information but instead ill supply the neccissary knowledge.

Basically hes a cute dublin hoor who for years got rich fiddling with land, rezoning lucritive green space into industrial space for a fee. But he got caught and was sent to jail for acting the bollix in court.
    Anyway thats the gist of it from what i know... i could b wrong (not likely tho wink.gif)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

u forgot to mention hes a TD, the people that voted for him must be wild happy smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Does anyone agree with the idea that it should be written into the law of the land that you cannot become an official such as a TD/Minister/etc. if you have a criminal and/or prison record ... ?

{Edit}: oh- and also that if you are convicted and/or imprisoned during a term of office in such a position that you should be forced to leave office - ?

[This message has been edited by Bard (edited 02-02-2001).]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ButcherOfNog:
    u forgot to mention hes a TD, the people that voted for him must be wild happy smile.gif</font>

I doubt his supporters care - look at what happened to Michael Lowry in Tipperary, voted back in with 11,000 votes after what was exposed about him.

The guy who stood against him as the anti-corruption candidate got 250 votes or something.

'A people get the government they deserve'.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Does anyone agree with the idea that it should be written into the law of the land that you cannot become an official such as a TD/Minister/etc. if you have a criminal and/or prison record ... ?</font>

No.

If this were true there are many decent politcal activists (Gandi and Nelson Mandela to mention just 2) who would not have served their country.

Being proven to have abused your position for personal gain should be a minimum jail sentence though imho.

Tom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

As far as I know....

TDs are protected in this country to such a degre because in the 30's when facisim was all over Europe they wanted to stop TDs being arrested by any facist party that may be in partial power (like Hitler was for a time).

The idea was that if opposition leaders are in prison they cant vote against stuff in the dail.

Giving them such protection from being arrested was seen as a safegaurd to democarcy and for the time you can see the reasoning behind it. However in THIS day and age its slightly harder to justify.

(I may be completely wrong with all that)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

In the tone of the start of this thread...

Liam Lawlor, eh? What a fúcking w4nker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

A large amount of people would have acted exactly like him if they found themselves in that position, with that kind of influence. yes he's a cúnt, but i see cúnts everyday, its nuthin new. plus some of ye wud love to be dodgy politicians, and would do exactly as he did given half the chance, go on admit it wink.gif

prop6.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

DeVore - you make a damn good point... and as such convince me to retract my questions. They wur silly, aye they wur.

Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted. -Martin Luther King, Jr. (1929-1968)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement