Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ricky Gervais to Write for The Simpsons

Options
  • 24-12-2004 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭

From IMDB;
    Gervais Delighted To Be Writing 'The Simpsons'

Golden Globe-winning comic Ricky Gervais has fulfilled his lifetime's ambition - he is writing an episode of The Simpsons. The British Office star will also voice a character in the popular animation show, which will be made next year, although he is keeping the episode's plot a secret. Gervais says, "I've got the rough idea. This is the most intimidating project of my career. The Simpsons is the greatest TV show of all time. I can only make it slightly worse. When I got into comedy my greatest ambition was to get one joke on The Simpsons. I may as well retire now.
    He certainly can't do any worse than the standard of episode they are putting out so far in Season 16.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Hmm... I don't really know how to feel about that. Chances are though he won't include ANY office jokes in it cos he's left that behind now and said he won't be doing it again.

At least that means it won't just be the same jokes recycled.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

im not that big a fan of anything he does outside the office to be honest.although i did love that so much that i will allow him this accolade. i hope doesnt flop

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I saw him in an episode of Alias one day...

I don't really watch Alias as Jenifer Garner makes my skin crawl... but it looked like particularly dodgy episode...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

well if he makes the new simpsons 1% better than they are now i'll call him god, cos he will have preformed a miricale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Cheez

It should be good, i like his stuff. He's come a long way since the 11 o'clock show where i thought he was ****. the simpsons glory days are over, its lost something along the way or somethin. Soul ye could call it, or maybe invisible goo if ye were pushed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Heineken

That sounds really cool. I love Ricky Gervais, so I will be looking forward to this!

Except his part in alias, I thought that was soo gay!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Cheez wrote:
    It should be good, i like his stuff. He's come a long way since the 11 o'clock show where i thought he was ****. the simpsons glory days are over, its lost something along the way or somethin. Soul ye could call it, or maybe invisible goo if ye were pushed

And that something is Brad Bird, Conan O' Brien, the writers who left for Futurama to name but a few. Not even sure of Groening's input since Futurama anymore.
    Think Conan was the first major blow to them.

Advertisement