Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday service on DARTs today

Options
  • 24-12-2004 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 28,680 ✭✭✭✭

Morning all,

Just thought I'd let anyone who - like me - didn't think it necessary to hunt around on the IE website, that DART services today are running on a Saturday schedule.

I mention this because I arrived into Pearse as normal at about 7:45 on the Commuter train from Coolmine/Maynooth only to be greeted with a 27 minute delay for the next DART (I travel out as far as Shankhill you see).

Now, even this morning there was nothing on the DMD displays on the platforms to indicate that services today - which is NOT a bank holiday! - were running to Saturday times, only that they are only running until 21.00 tonight. This is the same information as they've been showing for about a week now.

It does however mention that there is no service tomorrow/Sunday and a Sunday timetable on Monday, so why, I wonder, could this rather important fact not have been included for those of us that have to work today???
    (and there were a lot of people who seemed to have been similarly "caught out" this morning).

I checked the website and interestingly, it NOW says that it's operating a Saturday service on the main page..only an HOUR ago it said normal services!! (I wonder if this is because I had a bit of a go at Fairview Depot and the station manager in Pearse cause this delay meant I'd be late for work..and I was!) :(

What genius decided to run a weekend timetable on a normal day (cause Xmas eve or not, it's not a public holiday) or at least not throw in a few extra trains at peak hours?

Advertisement