Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switch off your imagination before you visit Canada

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Monty's over there at the mo. Good thing we didn't send Wyverne over. smile.gif

Going over the top seems to be the in thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

I don't know whats worse, the boy being thrown in jail or the bullies getting away with the bullying thats disgraceful, so disgraceful I think I'll blow something up...

mmmmmmmmm inflatable sex toys.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Christ, that's just amazing. How to people so amazingly stupid get to run a country and a legal system?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Hmmm I thought the Canadians had more sense than the Yanks, obviously not !!!!!

What a pack of gimps. That student probally is more likely to blow something up after been in jail now.

Gandalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,303 ✭✭✭✭Victor

From personal experience, I came very close to having myself committed 2 months ago.

Sometimes the lines between fact and fiction become blurred.

Sometimes it becomes too much.

People (especially, middle managers, public service workers, politicians, people who take too many tea breaks, people who download too much personal stuff at work, dumb ####s who stand for ten minute at the bus stop and only check for change when the bus arrives and the like) beware, someone will go 'postal' in this country eventually.

[Nsk]Victor
    [NSK]MAC10ASSASSIN
    Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.
    I know things about pigeons, Lily

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭Panda

Me gets a mental picture of a some kid in straight jacket in a padded room, bouncing off the walls, shouting 'im gonna get ye,im gonna get ye,im gonna get ye ALL!!!'.

Canadians a re flapppy headed idiots, if u dont believe watch South Park the movie.

If u do, watch it anyway its a laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭pepperkin

Good thing I don't live in Canada...my poetry and stories would have gotten me incarcerated and annhilated a long time ago. Canucks...oi....course compared to us "yanks" I guess the Canucks have all ther beans in the right pot, aye? And if yon Irish weren't out collecting the dole and getting drunk all the time, us Yanks wouldn't have massive St Patricks Day celebrations that center solely around alcohol, so I should thank you drunken Paddys smile.gif Lets all go blow something up to feel better!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Lets all go blow something up to feel better!</font>

Yeah? Ok... let's start with Dubya wink.gif

OF COURSE it's silly to tar a whole nation with the one brush - examples being that it's silly (and ignorant) to call all Americans "yanks" or all Irish "drunken dole-drawing Paddies"...

One of the most inventive, imaginative and creative people I know is from Toronto. That story is funny- a little disturbing in some ways- and while you may not agree with it, and though they went a weeeee bit over the top- you have to at least understand the schools point of view there.

bard2.gif

[This message has been edited by Bard (edited 20-01-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭pepperkin

Yes, well, thats the point I was making...stereotypes are stupid...at least someone caught it smile.gif
    And yeah they went way over the top. If they arrested every kid who got even with the bullies in their own unobtrusive fashion, I'd be in jail and so would many of my friends...idiots. WAY over the top there. Course with all the school shootings lately, I can't blame them for being jumpy....(example...Columbine and MANY others...) but thats still taking it a bit far.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Yeah but most Irish people like potatoes, drinking and care more about the pub than the office. It's a stereotype that I for one would never want to change.
    The only objection I'd have is the old one that we're all stupid.

I have no opinion of other countries cos I've yet to leave this one longer than 3 weeks.

Lunacy Abounds! Play GLminesweeper!
    art is everything and of course nothing and possibly also a sausage

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement