Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawler to be jailed?

Options
  • 16-01-2001 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

I'll bet he wished he hadn't pi$$ed that judge off now smile.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

smile.gif Serves him right. A lot of politicians seem to think they're above the law - hopefully this will now change smile.gif

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Don't forget that if we're really lucky, he'll have a cell mate called bubba and he'll lose his anal virginity as well wink.gif

Draco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭C B

who says he hasn't lost it already

Warning: The opinions expressed here are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the views of the moderators of boards.ie or it's sponsors. Nothing expressed above should be considered 100% fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

me. i say so.
    you didnt expect that, did you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

As an added bonus he will lose a couple of hundred thousand when his high court appeal falls through smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

I did. smile.gif
    Tony gregory has also been "inside" bur for slighly more noble reasons (rates protest I think). When asked what it was like he said it was fine because the inmates appreciated what he had done for their home constituencies. When he was asked how he thought Lawlor would be treated he intimated that he would not have an easy time of it.

Take what you will from that but I am imagining some wonderfully terrible scenarios.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Pffft, a week in prison?
    That's taking the p!ss a bit I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

He is in the new hospital wing .. as he is a "Prisoner at Risk". Which he is.

1 Week isn't much ... however the effect of him going to jail, has effectively ended his career in politics and will damage any future careers he might pursue in this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I heard he wasn't going to the prison "proper" but was having a cell to himself, and that he wouldnt even be mixing with other prisoners. Still, something needed to be done to bring these politicians down to earth.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement