Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Des Bishop

Options
  • 23-12-2004 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭

He's a stand up comedian from the US. Just wondering did anyone watch the series on RTE1 a while ago, where he'd to work minimum wage jobs for a few months? Can you buy it on DVD does anyone know...?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭gibo_ie

it is advertised on tv at the moment that it is available on DVD, he is a bit of a prat though!!! (american and all!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

I think I saw the dvd for sale in virgin, blanchardstown.

Someone on boards had/has it for sale 15e
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=208866

• Registered Users Posts: 7,396 ✭✭✭fletch

Chick wrote:
    He's a stand up comedian from the US. Just wondering did anyone watch the series on RTE1 a while ago, where he'd to work minimum wage jobs for a few months? Can you buy it on DVD does anyone know...?

The series itself is very funny but as a comedian eh....I don't think so....he is useless (my opinion)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭goin'_to_the_PS

its brill. you can buy it in tesco 20e

Oh dear god! He's awful!!!:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭thetrickykid

He's appearing on RTE over Chrimbo, with a live stand-up show. Saw him recently in Vicar Street, not expecting too much, but he was really good actually. My minds not fully made-up on him yet though, the jurys out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I think his stand up is crap, but I did really enjoy the tv series

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Fudger

the program was a good idea and well done but he is a TOOL........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭callmescratch

i saw him live in wexford a while back at the start of this tour when he went almost an hour overtime in his act.

have to say i thought he was just annoying at first but the live show was excellent.

really sharp biting observations on some of the more ridiculous aspects of irish society.

pure class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

thanks everyone for replying, its a present someone. Thanks for your help :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Heineken

Hey Chick kewl sig! :D

Yah Des Bishop is SOOOOO funny! Gonna have to put his dvd on my wishlist!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Ah, I'd love kabaab. Damn this thread.

thanks heino ;)

yeah I think he's a legend too, but not everyone agrees?

Ah, I'd love kabaab. Damn this thread.
    Abrakebabra was the first place he worked wasnt it... can bearly remember that episode. The aquadome was the best one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

Chick wrote:
    thanks heino ;)

yeah I think he's a legend too, but not everyone agrees?

Abrakebabra was the first place he worked wasnt it... can bearly remember that episode. The aquadome was the best one :)

I bought it for my sister-in-law for Chrimbo. Ithought he as great, both funny and insightful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

eth0_ wrote:
    I think his stand up is crap, but I did really enjoy the tv series

I have to say I didnt think much of him after seeing him in Cork last year but I saw him again a few weeks ago and I have to say he was a hell of alot funnier this time. He spent the first half of the show making jokes outta his battle with testicular cancer, now that takes balls (Ya I know :P)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

The work experience show was brilliant when they were showing what was actually happening.

I found though that when they showed his stand up on the show, all he was really doing was repeating what had happened... Not really making any jokes up and it wasn't funny after just seeing what had happened.

But I suppose good comedy is about observation...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

he was on TV last night, live from vicar st and I laughed my tits off.

****ing brilliant show :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

aye i liked his work experience show but i went to see him in vicar street on halloween and ive never laughed so much in my life,hes the funniest standup comedian ive seen in a long time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

I got the work experience dvd for christmas its hilarious id recommend it to anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Mordeth wrote:
    he was on TV last night, live from vicar st and I laughed my tits off.

****ing brilliant show :)

I can't beleive I missed it , I was remind myself all-day to watch it .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,851 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Thought his Work Experience show was great!

But saw the stand-up show last night - thought he was a complete drys*ite as a stand-up myself... and those raps are truly cringeworthy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭PRE_10_DER

yeah i saw it last night.. he had his moments but he was a bit **** tbh.. and what's with the irish/american/gaa ****e... that made up 95% of the whole fekkin show!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Seen him doing a stand up the other not be was brutal turned it off straight away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭PRE_10_DER

Mac daddy wrote:
    Seen him doing a stand up the other not be was brutal turned it off straight away

could you repeat that :confused:

intoxication perhaps...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭irishboy99_

AQUADOME or SUPERMARKET best one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Went to his cork show last week thought he was unreal i dont like comedians but he is class altogether his Work ex was v good.His stand up is better,everyone has different tastes!

he spends too much time with the accents when he does stand up i reckon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

PRE_10_DER wrote:
    yeah i saw it last night.. he had his moments but he was a bit **** tbh.. and what's with the irish/american/gaa ****e... that made up 95% of the whole fekkin show!!

Hes been doing that for years. Bit of a one trick poney

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

I think hes very good as a stand-up he'd be an excellent stand up if he got rid of the raps from his shows though!

Advertisement