Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everquest player kills baby.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭Panda

Thats twisted, do any people on the boards play everquest, or any other online rpgs?

Ive never played them and i want to know how people can get so immersed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

however much i enjoy computer games, they remain unimportant to me in real terms. i find it hard to understand this kind of game addiction....i mean, probably of all games, my favourite and the hardest one to drag me away from would be tetris....but how could you get so involved in a game that you ignore the people around you. i think that is imbalanced. i mean, games are good, but well, people are more interesting....

Do your limbs ever get tingly, eh? eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭[IAR]Nevermind

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

That's a sad and disturbing story, you have to wonder how someone can get so caught up in a game that they end up neglecting their own son so badly he dies. I've never played any of these MMORPGs myself, but I'd like to know what it is about them that draws people in so much that their real lives become secondary to their character's life?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭C B

In fairness if you read the article it is quite clear that this has very little to do with an online game. This guy was simply unfit to have kid and would have ignored his child whether he was watching sport on TV, playing cards with his friends . Yet there seems to be greater outrage 'cause he was playing a computer game.

By the way i have never played Everquest or any other online RPG. in fact I stopped playing RPG's shortly after I discovered sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

*** You have gotten better at Sex Drugs & Rock n Roll (27)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Oh my god, that is almost unbelieveable...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Sensationalist news ...

The individual is clearly ****ed up. Linking behaviour to the game is not very clever.

People with all sorts of past times do all sorts of crazy things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭C B

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Regi:
    *** You have gotten better at Sex Drugs & Rock n Roll (27)</font>

??????
    I'd attempt to reply if I knew what the hell you meant smile.gif

O.K. its alright JAK has explained it alll to me. No more insider jokes please. Your making me look stupid and ignorant.

[This message has been edited by C B (edited 10-01-2001).]

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement