Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N7 Naas Road Speed Limits

Options
  • 23-12-2004 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭

I've always been a little confused as to what the limit is on the Naas Road, but beware: I got a ticket for doing 43mph recently (after years of driving up and down the same road every day, at the same speed) so watch out for speed limit signs and/or cameras.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭DirtyDog

Thats unlucky - what part of the naas road where you caught? and was it handheld or the white van men?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,758 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

that's such a load of crap - if you drive along a large dual-carriageway like the naas rd at 40 you'll have dozens of cars overtaking you and large trucks driving up your arse which is endangering your own safety

but if you drive over the limit you risk a ticket - what the **** are you supposed to do

all because of hit-and-miss enforcement by the useless gardai!

In fairness the speeds are well marked - its a pity the signs are about the same size as a euro coin 40 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Not sure whereabouts it was, all I have is a grainy photo of my reg on the notice which arrived in the post, so it was either a van or a fixed camera.

Is it 30mph the whole way from Davitt Road to past the Red Cow roundabout? where does it change to 40?

If I phone them up will they tell me where the picture was taken?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

magpie wrote:
    Not sure whereabouts it was, all I have is a grainy photo of my reg on the notice which arrived in the post, so it was either a van or a fixed camera.

Is it 30mph the whole way from Davitt Road to past the Red Cow roundabout? where does it change to 40?

If I phone them up will they tell me where the picture was taken?

the section along that road where you share the road with the Luas is, if I recall correct, is 30, it changes to 40 when the luas takes to the dedicated track bed at bluebell <?> stop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

And is it 40 all the way from there past the roundabout until you see a sign saying 60, or are there any other sneaky 30 zones?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

40 all the way just pas newlands cross, otherwise I'd have a few tickets too

Its near impossible to do 30 in my car, I'd have to leave it in netural and roll!

ffs reverse goes faster that that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

They have changed speed limits on the inbound section from the red cow to the long mile road junction from 40 to 30. The signage is very poor (as usual).

Advertisement