Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comedy Awards

Options
  • 23-12-2004 12:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭

So they were on today (or are they still on, i lost interest...)

What did everyone think?

My favourite bits were either Matt Groening presenting the Stephen Hawkings toy to Stephen Hawking

or Johnny Vegas standing with Ant and Dec and taking up loooads of time of the show

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Both excellent moments, but to give a lifetime achievement award as the third(?) award of the evening, a bad idea i think, unless Matt had to be in bed early or something.

Lost a lot of steam towards the end, but glad
    Little Britan
    won some awards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

oh yeh Matt Groenings list of censor notes was great aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

He's a true hero alright, some of the sensor notes they got about futurama, regarding the various states of (un)dress of leela and amy are also very very funny, put so politly as to not offend the writers/animators, in that cheesy american way.

Anyways Matt Groening, I salute you.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Trev C

Had to saw I laughed my ass of at Ricky Gervais when they got the award for Best Writers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Oh yeh those paintings around the stage were hilarious aswell :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement