Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE in Whitehead,County Antrim

Options
  • 22-12-2004 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I am told RTE television cannot be received in Whitehead,County Antrim even with a special aerial. It can be received 5 miles south in Carrickfergus.

Does anyone know anyway i can receive any of the RTE TV channels?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Sin e an Fear

Short of getting a larger aerial to pick up the terrestrial signal, I don't know. To get it via satellite you'll need to get a Sky subscription from the RoI, although apparently you'll be able to get it on a Sky card issued to NI residents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭seano

MacDonnell wrote:
    I am told RTE television cannot be received in Whitehead,County Antrim even with a special aerial. It can be received 5 miles south in Carrickfergus.

Does anyone know anyway i can receive any of the RTE TV channels?

take a look at this site irish tv.com

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Moved to Terrestrial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭lawhec

The main reason RTÉ is difficult to receive in Whithead is that the local relay station up there transmits on channels 48, 52, 56 and 67 - automatically wiping out any chance of RTÉ1 and 2. TV3 and TG4 might be possible but would have the problem of adjacent channel interference.

A VHF and even UHF signal from Kippure might be possible in Whitehead but I've never seen any aerials there for that. My guess is that if the rumours are true that the channels will be available for NI Sky subscribers in January that will be your best bet.

Advertisement